Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I must be starved of football because I thought the Juve-Milan game was actually a good game, although I know objectively it must have been a crap standard. That’s what 12 weeks without football will do to a man.

The lack of fans, whilst a travesty, didn’t actually bother me as much as I thought it would either. I am thinking they must have kept the camera angle intentionally low down to block out the empty stands. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I must be starved of football because I thought the Juve-Milan game was actually a good game, although I know objectively it must have been a crap standard. That’s what 12 weeks without football will do to a man.

The lack of fans, whilst a travesty, didn’t actually bother me as much as I thought it would either. I am thinking they must have kept the camera angle intentionally low down to block out the empty stands. 

Its ok im watching goals from our 1993 2nd spot finish and becoming delerious that I'm actually thinking were doing amazing this season. I'm sure Mings has nobly knees and is shorter, that we have Yogurt on our shirts and Davis has made a play for Katy Price, please Davis save yourself, dont do it..

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Juventus-Milan was dire and i was watching with Milan and Juve fans and nobody seemed to care. 

Well yes, but you shouldn't watch a game in Italy and think Villa game will be the same. At least we should try more.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Well yes, but you shouldn't watch a game in Italy and think Villa game will be the same. At least we should try more.

It was a cup semi final though 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Thats because we’ve been crap and embarrassing again. If we were having a Sheff Utd, Wolves type season we’d be missing it a whole lot more. Any break from Villa is like a respite

Yep.

No surprise Blades fans are itching to get back.

53 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Thats because we’ve been crap and embarrassing again. If we were having a Sheff Utd, Wolves type season we’d be missing it a whole lot more. Any break from Villa is like a respite

Thats true, although we have been so poor for so long (probably a decade or more), it does feel like respite.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

To be honest, I am surprised how little I have missed football.

Actually got around to reading the book moneyball (and watching the film), what a story.

I just watched the film ,really good story.

I wonder if the people who controlled our transfer policy in Summer 2015 and last season decided to try it at Villa,where it hasn’t been quite as successful.

2 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I just watched the film ,really good story.

I wonder if the people who controlled our transfer policy in Summer 2015 and last season decided to try it at Villa,where it hasn’t been quite as successful.

tbh statistical analysis is a big part of football now (and has been for a few years), although im not sure they have managed to get it down to a refined science yet, its easy to gather the statistics, but utilising them intelligently is a completely different story.