Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 hours ago, ozvillain said:

Is it too soon to start a race for the title thread?! 😂😝😂😝😂😝😂

Have some sense of realism, dude....

Race for the champions league spots, thank you! 🤪

I think the biggest change we will see from last time around, is the competency in recruitment.

Well, we better bloody hope so, because it is probably the most critical aspect of team sport.

You can have all the ideas you like, but if you don't have the people to embody them, you're redundant..

It is a game involving the betterment of physicality. You MUST have the training and discipline to actualise any ideas.

I can't predict or assume what the board has in mind going forward, rather than try I'll just be hopeful of pleasant surprises.

I don't foresee recruitment as spectacular as dropping Albrighton, N'Zogbia to replace Ash Young, McLeish in for Houllier etc.

Smith is already our most successful manager since Lambert. Aside from the emergence of Benteke and Delph, what have we had worthy of top tier success?

It's been nice playing good football and winning plenty of games in the Championship. It's such an under-valued league. Most clubs would put up a good fight in most top European leagues imo. 

That said, the joy of swiping wins against the 'big boys' is also a lovely feeling. If our European scouting is on point then with the money now available then there's no reason why we can't see some really talented players arrive on top of what we've already got. 

Despite the few years away, I would like to think we have more pulling power than the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley. Those clubs have a bit of a ceiling whereas Villa have far more potential. 

Even in defeats, the standard of football on show should be quality, if not as entertaining as the mentalness that the Championship could deliver at times. 

With Smith's style of play and clear ability to improve players from when he/they first get their hands on them then even if the season is a bit of a 13/14th place meh then there's always the pleasure in seeing players develop and the hope of closing the gap on the top teams season on season. 

Plus just having mad transfer links back will be fun. 

Oh yeah, having Villa players to choose from in fantasy football again 🤔

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

Never thought the premier league table would ever look that sweet. I have pretty much given up watching it, too painful , just a reminder that we weren't there. I mean I know the Man City's and Liverpools of last season but not really much else. I couldnt tell you the top three players for a lot of the clubs up there. Its going to be interesting catching up. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed the championship. Nice to be winning, nice to be competitive. In retrospect I reckon that losing the play-off last year has been an absolute blessing. With this team and decent owners I think we can now go up aiming for something a little better than 17th. If we do good business over the summer we can be a top half team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Enjoyed the championship. Nice to be winning, nice to be competitive. In retrospect I reckon that losing the play-off last year has been an absolute blessing. With this team and decent owners I think we can now go up aiming for something a little better than 17th. If we do good business over the summer we can be a top half team.

We certainly should aim for better than 17th. But as fans we should all be happy if 17th is what we get. 

There are 6 teams in the Premier League who are free hits.

We are in a fight with the other 14 and I see no reason why we shouldn’t win some of those fights, hopefully enough to stay up in Season 1.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

We certainly should aim for better than 17th. But as fans we should all be happy if 17th is what we get. 

There are 6 teams in the Premier League who are free hits.

We are in a fight with the other 14 and I see no reason why we shouldn’t win some of those fights, hopefully enough to stay up in Season 1.

Mathaaaaaaamatics 😉

Keep the loans or try and buy them. They are all premier league players. Add another 3 or 4 signings and stabilise ourselves. I don’t think the aim should be just to survive, but I don’t think we should fire everything at it. Personally I think we will be alright next season. Hopefully start progressing then.,

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

Looking forward to trying not to be one of the 3 crappest teams. 

We say that, but look at Wolves. With the right buys, we may surprise even ourselves. 

• Like 1