Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

looks like Manure/Leicester have agreed an 80m+ deal for Maguire.

what a laugh, 80m+?, is he even half that good?, Leicester will be laughing all the way to the bank, Van Dijk....a rolls royce defender cost 75m and Manure go and pay 80m+ for maguire......rofl.

I am going to be interested to see how he does, because i have a funny feeling he is going to get exposed.

I feel for Axel also, he's going to be sidelined on the subs bench or loaned out again......to Bruce maybe?, unlucky, he should have pushed for a move to us :P

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

How good was jagielka in your opinion?

I always rated him.

Had his limitations though just like Maguire. A good cb for for top 6 teams.

Maguire is no Van Dijk/Kompany/Ferdinand. He is not on that level, but he will for sure strengthen them.

I really like Maguire, I think he has all the assets to be a top class centre half. He hasn't *quite* hit that yet, but then in all fairness neither had Van Dijk at 26. 

Do I think he has the ability to be as good as Van Dijk? Maybe. Will United get that out of him? Probably not. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I can't imagine him leaving CL football for Villa. Pretty sure the owner also previously said in this window it'd take €60m+

Yet, Nakamba and Wesley both left Brugge - playing in this season's Champions League - for Villa. 

Money talks and the Premier League is where the money is. 

• Like 1

Just feel like it's a bad move all round really. Another year at Leicester with that squad they are building and I think he'd make the most of his potential. I think Spurs or maybe Chelsea would've been ideal for him next year. 

It's is a poisoned chalice for big signings at the minute going to Utd. Sanchez and Lukaku are not bad players, both have the (very proven) capacity to tear this league apart but look like donkeys there. Hopefully different for Maguire but it's difficult to see him being the player they want him to be (the English VVD). And if/when he's not it's a lot of pressure to be under. Hopefully (for England) he does well there.

• Like 1

I was talking with my brother's stepson yesterday. His mother is Italian so he subscribes to watch all the Serie A games and he reckons that Bellotti is a great player. 

If you look at all the top strikers across the best leagues of Europe, he seems the player most likely to fit the profile we're currently working on. 

Does anyone know of him being linked elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I was talking with my brother's stepson yesterday. His mother is Italian so he subscribes to watch all the Serie A games and he reckons that Bellotti is a great player. 

If you look at all the top strikers across the best leagues of Europe, he seems the player most likely to fit the profile we're currently working on. 

Does anyone know of him being linked elsewhere?

Pretty sure he was linked to West Ham beginning of the transfer window. But probably just journalist/agent stuff

9 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

Pretty sure he was linked to West Ham beginning of the transfer window. But probably just journalist/agent stuff

Reports suggest they turned down £60 million from West Ham. No way we are going to that level.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i would say we have "gone for the best quality we can, considering the quantity we needed to buy".

very happy with the transfer window so far tbh, thinking what Bruce would have spent 130m on gives me the heebee jeebies, at least we can see what DS and the recruitment team are trying to do, its quite clear we are trying to buy the right type of players to suit how we want to play etc, with the wrong manager this transfer window could have been.......an experience.

a Bruce team might have been:

Nyland, Taylor, Cahill, Chester, Elmo, Grealish, McGinn, Whelan, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Austin.

Subs: Jedinak, Carroll, Puncheon, Kalinic, Adomah, Kodjia, Hourihane.

Sturridge, Wellbeck, Austin, Carroll, Puncheon, Cahill all on 100k to 200k per week, 5 year contracts.

might have also fancied Cattermole and a few others......

Mucho money saved for Kebabs on transfer fees.

He’s gone and has been for well over 9 months, just let it go! 😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

This maximn dude going to Newcastle any good?

I thought his stats were pretty good for drives and chances created etc?

Yes good player... but Steve Bruce will drain the attacking instincts out of him when he plays him at left back :)

• Like 1