Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I don't understand why we're still after Benrahma as rumours suggest. He would give us three left wingers (El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Benrahma) who's preferred method is cutting inside and shooting. Sign someone for the other side. Harry Wilson maybe?

Just now, abdomlahor said:

I don't understand why we're still after Benrahma as rumours suggest. He would give us three left wingers (El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Benrahma) who's preferred method is cutting inside and shooting. Sign someone for the other side. Harry Wilson maybe?

All 3 of them are equally comfortable on the right, as Anwar showed us last season. It's not an issue as wingers tend to swap wings during games anyway.

I was toddling along thinking neat, there's been no racism on Villa Talk today and then BOOM. Why do you always disappoint me in this way?  

I definitely think we will be signing a winger/forward type as the last piece. FYI Trezeguet played on the right Vs Charlton, for anyone who didn't see the game. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

All 3 of them are equally comfortable on the right, as Anwar showed us last season. It's not an issue as wingers tend to swap wings during games anyway.

i think el ghazi looked much better on the left though. 

2 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

He's a right winger though?

is he? whenever i've seen him play he's always been on the left.

Edited by abdomlahor

5 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Left wingers are the new right backs.

• Haha 2

I doubt anyone's with me on this, but I'd put a bid in for Marko Marin.

Could be backup for Jack or start on the wing.

He's actually not a bad player, even these days, where he finds himself in Belgrade.

17 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

we will only buy one more winger, almost certainly.

and tbh all 4 of them could play either side if required. (if the 4th is Benrahma)

18 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

He's a right winger though?

16 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i think el ghazi looked much better on the left though. 

is he? whenever i've seen him play he's always been on the left.

you both mean Benrahma?, he can play either.

hes right footed so i would imagine he prefers left if cutting inside, but seen him on both wings.

And if you were talking about el ghazi or hassan, they can play either wing also, although think hassan prefers left?

if you really want to opposite foot winger though, they are all "left wing - right foot", apart from Jota who is left footed / right wing.

Edited by MaVilla

According to WhoScored Benrahma has started the game on:

Right: 10 times. 7 at Brentford, 3 at Nice

Centre: 3 times at Brentford

Left: 20 times. 19 at Brentford, 1 at Angers

Rest of his appearances came from the bench, new seasons started so I can't seem to find the data of how he performed in each position. But looks like can play either side but is most comfortable on the left.

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was toddling along thinking neat, there's been no racism on Villa Talk today and then BOOM. Why do you always disappoint me in this way?  

You're right...  No Eastenders talk allowed!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I definitely think we will be signing a winger/forward type as the last piece. FYI Trezeguet played on the right Vs Charlton, for anyone who didn't see the game. 

Must have missed it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

It's got Newcastle written all over it.

If it’s Newcastle then I don’t think Barća would put a buy clause. I think they will send him to the mighty Newcastle to learn him the proper attitude as a player. More importantly to get coached by Steve Bruce to upgrade his game. 

So yeah it’s seems Newcastle.

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Which Constructicon is that? I had the right leg I think, as a toy 

All of them i.e. Devastator. Right leg would have been Scrapper.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I doubt anyone's with me on this, but I'd put a bid in for Marko Marin.

Could be backup for Jack or start on the wing.

He's actually not a bad player, even these days, where he finds himself in Belgrade.

what year is this? :lol: can't believe he's still only 30.

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

what year is this? :lol: can't believe he's still only 30.

Dude caused Liverpool problems for 60 minutes as a Belgrade player but was subbed at the 60 minute mark because he was dwindling out of the game.

Chelsea gave him a 5 year contract at the same time they had Hazard, Malouda, Mata, Oscar and Lampard in the squad. That's a big investment in him considering their options.

De Bruyne was also in the Chelsea squad at that time, but played considerably less than Marin. Look at where De Bruyne is now.

Marin went to Belgrade for 700,000. Yes, 700,000. That's why I'd be interested in picking him up. Absolute peanuts in football.