Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Absolutely no chance we're in for Dunk IMO, he might well be a good defender, but he's the type to treat the ball as if it were a grenade when it's at his feet. He's not what Dean Smith looks for in a player, even a centre half, so I'd be extremely surprised if we're in for him, just doesn't fit the mould. 

Disagree

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

While we're here, we should be hoovering up players like Bayliss and Turnbull for £3m a piece.

Have a look, if not ready, out they go to someone like Luton or Barnsley for the season.

Maddison signed for Norwich when they were in the PL, straight into their team. Sold for £25m one year later.

Maddison did really well on loan at Aberdeen too when he was at Norwich and went on loan . He came back and rest is history.

Edited by Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Absolutely no chance we're in for Dunk IMO, he might well be a good defender, but he's the type to treat the ball as if it were a grenade when it's at his feet. He's not what Dean Smith looks for in a player, even a centre half, so I'd be extremely surprised if we're in for him, just doesn't fit the mould. 

Is he? I have to admit I've never seen him play but Brighton fans love him.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dunk has moved house and someone has tweeted 'congratulations on your move pal'

This now means he has signed for Villa.

Yeah but has he moved into an actual Villa? Maybe he's next into Mong (but I would) Island 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

One in Bournemouth.  He just needs an interior designer. 

And a dislike of libraries and culture and pubs which do not have a chrome exterior. (I used to live there). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah but is he better than Terry? @sir_gary_cahill

My dislike for Terry is more as a person than he was as a footballer, in my opinion, he didn’t much technical ability as a footballer even as a centre back. Also, he strikes me as a nasty piece of work but that’s just my opinion, you’re entitled to disagree with it

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

My dislike for Terry is more as a person than he was as a footballer, in my opinion, he didn’t much technical ability as a footballer even as a centre back. Also, he strikes me as a nasty piece of work but that’s just my opinion, you’re entitled to disagree with it

I don't, was just being provocative. For the record Terry has a sizeable place in our current history, I don't dislike him now, but did before. 

• Like 1

Celtic fans seem convinced that Turnbull is on £800 a week and they offered £10k. He wants 15k a week. Shows what they are up against, that's an absolute pittance compared to what any Prem club could offer him.

£3m and £15k a week is worth a risk to even the smallest clubs in the Prem and would imagine most Championship teams too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Well...Celtic are making some very strange moves.

How embarrassing. In you go Villa. 

Imagine if every club tweeted like this every time a deal was being negotiated. Great you made a deal with the selling club. The player doesn't want to come to you, and you want to share that embarrassing information with the World!? Hilarious.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Imagine if every club tweeted like this every time a deal was being negotiated. Great you made a deal with the selling club. The player doesn't want to come to you, and you want to share that embarrassing information with the World!? Hilarious.

It's a very bitter move and like they have already conceeded on signing the player and that they cannot compete with this other interested partie that @Villan4Lifementions.

I wonder if John McGinn has been on the blower to him?

Will lightening strike twice?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

John Terry was a better footballer with the ball at his feet than Rio. Left footed, right footed. Which foot is he? I don't know. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2