Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Imagine this:

...................Grealish.......McGinn.....................

Leao...................................................El Ghazi

..............................Wesley...............................

All young with great potential as well. Might only be paper talk but Leao would be the sort of signing that would get absolutely get fans off their seats. 

Would be amazing, and the awesome thing is we are only one player away from that being a thing. A number of external options for who that RW spot could be right now. And then Jota and Green waiting on the bench. The attack is nearly there. One more winger, Wesley actually signed and a back up forward and we are done. Actually that's 3 signings, albeit Wesley being close. Man, there is so much to do!!

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Imagine this:

...................Grealish.......McGinn.....................

Leao...................................................El Ghazi

..............................Wesley...............................

All young with great potential as well. Might only be paper talk but Leao would be the sort of signing that would get absolutely get fans off their seats. 

Jota can do a job. People underrating him

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Isn't Leao a center forward? 

If he plays anything like Mbappe he'd be more of a wide forward. As much as I wanted Benrahma, for the reported £25m or so I'd be much more excited by signing this guy.

6 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Yeah I think so, 6ft 2 and really fast.

Not really a creative player thou from the little I've seen.

2 minutes ago, Skruff said:

He's tall and can play there, but also has silky skills and been compared to Mbappe (who also started as a centre forward but moved to play wide). Would get quite a few assists as well as goals I'd imagine. Scored 8 in 24 for Lille last season despite only being 19.

It's more Nicolas Pepe and Jonathen Bamba who plays in the wide attacker role for Lille.

Leao is more central.

Bamba would be a very interesting signing.

Edited by sne

16 minutes ago, sne said:

It's more Nicolas Pepe and Jonathen Bamba who plays in the wide attacker role for Lille.

Leao is more central.

Bamba would be a very interesting signing.

LOSC Lille picked up Bamba, Leao on a free transfer, payed 10million for Pepe. They're probably worth 100million or more a year later. Impressive business.  

Remember a few short weeks ago when Joe Lolley was all the rage?

It's not my money so it's easy for me to imagine spending it, but I was thinking that if money is really no problem and we do sign Butland, Mings, Webster, Philips and Benrahma, we still need to think about cover for injuries, loss of form, resting players and of course key substitutions.

Benrahma can play on both wings, Jota can play right and more centrally at a push, but if we're able to splash the cash how about buying Lolley as well to complete a really strong and flexible midfield unit?

I think I might have spent about £100/110 million of NSWE's money there!

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if we're in for Lille players then Thiago maia didn't turn up to training yesterday, reportedly homesick and wants a move

get him a flat in the city centre with big wes he'll be fine

had a nice meal at rodizio rico once, so that's their tea sorted

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hippo said:

My money is on the sale of the ground and some variant of ffp.

Yep that's what it was apparently EFL ffp still applies to us, the person I heard talking about it mentioned it could be similar to QPR's situation a few seasons ago.