Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Rondon would do a job for us as one of two strikers to bring in.

Tbf I think this is a very good shout considering the squad building we have to do this summer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It amazes me how much of a disconnect there is between how good Kodjia actually is and how good some people think he is.

I'd take Rondon over Kodjia on every single day of the week, in any week, in any month, in any year.

It amazes me how people forget how good our own players are, before wishing for the same journeyman players that switch between relegation threatened teams every season.

We can and will do better than Rondon. He isn't any better than Kodjia who we already own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

It amazes me how people forget how good our own players are, before wishing for the same journeyman players that switch between relegation threatened teams every season.

We can and will do better than Rondon. He isn't any better than Kodjia who we already own.

How would people forget?, we only have about 4 players currently? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Do not agree with the second part at all.

nor me...kodj has an attitude in my personal opinion, but when he's up for it, he's premiership quality IMO

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It amazes me how much of a disconnect there is between how good Kodjia actually is and how good some people think he is.

I'd take Rondon over Kodjia on every single day of the week, in any week, in any month, in any year.

I mentioned on the other thread how good Kodija was in his first season with us. Check out some of his goals, defenders couldn’t handle him. 

Since the injury he’s never been the same again. 

Agree Rondon is a much better player. He is the kind of player defenders hate playing against as he showed against city and Liverpool the 2 best defences in the country and they struggled to contain him. 

Dealing with a slow motion Kodija would be food and drink for them, 

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Do not agree with the second part at all.

Even if you do. And I dont see why, Do you see any sense in spending loads of money on Rondon? Wouldn't it be better to keep Kodjia as back up and buy a real top striker?

I'm not sure Rondon is necessarily the type of player that would suit us as he might be a bit lacking in mobility for the type of football Smith will have us trying to play (though he does tick some boxes considering the amount of crosses we put in), but to suggest he's the caliber of player we should be turning our noses up at is very far wide of the mark. There's a reason why Newcastle (a team that finished in a position last season I think most Villa fans would be happy with emulating) fans are absolutely desperate to keep hold of him.

Not that we've been linked to him mind, but what is this thread for if not to debate about players that will never play for us.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really think Rondon will suit our style of play? 

he's pretty tricky for a big lump, very good at holding up the ball and inter-play by the look of it.

but maybe not the most mobile.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take Rondon here, ok he’s not the most naturally gifted striker but he works extremely hard for the team and always gives 100% 

is he out of contract at WBA?

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Rondon on a free or Maupay for £20m or whatever then I'd go for Rondon.

Especially since I feel we need to add 2 strikers.

Maybe Rondon on a free and 15 - 25m or whatever on a  striker and that's our two strikers covered? (main & backup/impact sub)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1