The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

BBC has always been a part of the establishment - it is the establishment - just right now being the establishment is confusing, it's having a crisis of confidence.

It's led by a Tory who's dictating  it's agenda, hence Lineker getting reprimanded while government supporters get a free hand to say what they like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

It's led by a Tory who's dictating  it's agenda, hence Lineker getting reprimanded while government supporters get a free hand to say what they like.

Having worked for the BBC, like many public service orgs the majority of top jobs have always been held by Oxbridge fellows, its very apparent now but it has always been the same, just the old guard used to have some ethics. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

Technicality. They can’t sack him, they don’t employ him. He employs himself. The BBC will have a contract with the company he owns. The contract is until 2025

Then doesn't his company have an obligation to fulfil the contract even if he himself is unable to?

Edit: thinking about it, this makes no sense because it's the BBC that decided he couldn't work for them anyway.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Having worked for the BBC, like many public service orgs the majority of top jobs have always been held by Oxbridge fellows, its very apparent now but it has always been the same, just the old guard used to have some ethics. 

It's not right , their killing our country. They have no agenda for change or improvement,  just one to keep the status quo that allows their sons, daughters,  uncles and aunts the opportunity  of a decent career without earning the right. 

I can't say I'll be too upset to see the back of Lineker if he has presented his last show, rocking back and forth in his chair constantly, the over-the-top gesticulations. For me his presenting style and the way he speaks to the camera would be better suited to kids TV, maybe he can get a gig on CBeebies.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's not right , their killing our country. They have no agenda for change or improvement,  just one to keep the status quo that allows their sons, daughters,  uncles and aunts the opportunity  of a decent career without earning the right. 

Not just the Beeb though, all of media, it's a freakishly tiny group of people - thankfully we now have ex-players in high profile jobs who can stand up for where they came from, we have current players doing the same i.e. Rashford - it's all coming to an end but what we are seeing right now is the last desperate days of those tory bastards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, will87 said:

I can't say I'll be too upset to see the back of Lineker if he has presented his last show, rocking back and forth in his chair constantly, the over-the-top gesticulations. For me his presenting style and the way he speaks to the camera would be better suited to kids TV, maybe he can get a gig on CBeebies.

This is quite the rock to plant yourself on. 

• Like 3

The words removed that led the nation down the garden path over a number of elections.need the BBC neutralised, that's why it's been nobbled.

Don't finish the job for them. Don't get outmanoeuvred again.

Don't just fall into the next trap, after the double dose of Brexit and its PM.

The BBC needs an enema to shift the Tory turds out of its system, not an executioner.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

A new entrance system is being formulated now. The guy in charge is also quite busy with the BBC's redistribution of resources out of London. Salford wasn't a one off, BBC Birmingham is expanding too.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Looks likely.

soo....they're going to show highlights without commentary? at what point do they just give it up and cancel the show?

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But they're made their impartiality rules unenforceable by not enforcing them until now - if they attempted to terminate the contract based on a breach of impartiality, there's so much evidence that it's not a rule that's applied elsewhere that he'd murder them in a courtroom (not that the BBC would risk being exposed as impartial in a court of law).

The apprentice was taken off air during the election , Maitlis got a warning and was taken off air  , Clarkson  had a warning over the one eyed idiot quote( and was forced to apologise by the BBC)   , the newsreader who chuckled at Johnson dropping out the leadership contest was  taken off air , so just off the top of my head there are examples of impartiality being acted on

Clause 2 is about bringing the BBC into disrepute, clause 3 is along the lines of don’t express a personal view  on matters of policy or politics 

As I say , I’ve not seen the contracts or internal documents relating to other transgression , but I don’t think it’s a given Lineker would clean them out in court 

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

soo....they're going to show highlights without commentary? at what point do they just give it up and cancel the show?

Pinch of Twitter salt, but I’ve read a few suggestions that the whole production team might join the protest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

They won't. They'll claim it as a great success, people prefered it without any comment and get rid of everybody that talked permanently

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Pinch of Twitter salt, but I’ve read a few suggestions that the whole production team might join the protest.

Given what the BBC pay for the highlights - this will hit them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Maitlis got a warning and was taken off air

Maitlis is involved in political programming but she didn't break the impartiality rules, she stated the bloody obvious, that Cummings broke lockdown rules. That was a disgracful decision

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Clarkson  had a warning over the one eyed idiot quote( and was forced to apologise by the BBC)

That was a personal attack on someone's disability

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the newsreader who chuckled at Johnson dropping out the leadership contest was  taken off air

Again, current events programming and it happened on air, that one was correct, it was unprofessional

None of those are fair comparisons

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Would be typical for villa to beat the Spammers 0-20 and there will be no presenter nor commentary waxing lyrical to our performance, and will be forgotten in a few hours.

To be fair, there wouldn't be if the studio was packed either. 

Lucky Villa score 20 against the run of play. 

• Like 2

Â