Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

An no, it can't be about 1 player being out.

Two. Axel Tuanzebe was outstanding before he got injured. His pace allowed us to push higher up, and he carried the ball past their first line, creating inbalance. Not quite as instrumental as Jack, but a big, big loss all the same. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Do we really put our future in the hands of this guy?

I hope not. Fingers crossed the owners will realise they have backed the wrong horse in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just read that back. Read it really slowly, out loud, and you’ll realise how stupid it sounds.

No, actually, I’ll summarise it for you.

S***, old footballers can’t play football. 

Who’d have thought!

So they can only play great football with 1 young lad in the team..........Grealish is one amazing player.

You guys ever watched Bloose? They can do better with a worse team then ours, Grealish out or not.

Edited by foreveryoung

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

What would you suggest DS change?

He could start by doing something, anything, for us to hang on to in the hopes of a better future. So far he's shown nothing. Nothing but talk. He talks well to the camera.

Edited by AVTuco

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Finally some sense.

Or.

We could sack him, then sack the next manager. Then sack the manager after that, then sack him. Then sack the tea lady.

Before we realise that actually, Bruce left us in an absolute state and deserves shooting for it.

Not sure what your obsession with blaming everything on Bruce - **** brexit, donald trump all bruces fault !! 

Fact is he got us to the playoff final - something that will never happen under DS I can assure you.

Edited by LondonVillian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith said we will be attacking teams. I think Sheffield uniteds back four could be asleep in their pyjamas and these useless losers would still struggle to score. 

Only Hutton and Tammy have been half decent. The rest shit

Oh, so you want us to have a shot on target? Entitled much? :D 

• Haha 1

Fullbacks are too poor technically and our wingers lack confidence and concentration. No chemistry. We might sneak a point here but it's clear that we're inferior in almost every meaningful footballing way. 

The fans at VP expect better and better is just not happening, which seem to affect some players badly and the downward spiral is on.

I see nothing but a long rebuild ahead. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just read that back. Read it really slowly, out loud, and you’ll realise how stupid it sounds.

No, actually, I’ll summarise it for you.

S***, old footballers can’t play football. 

Who’d have thought!

I don't expect our shit players to start playing like Barcelona, at least pass a little when in possession not just aimless ghoofing to the wings. There are teams in league two who try to play football with worse players may be that's my real point

Just now, vreitti said:

Sorry didn't realize we have Robertson on the bench.

Who said we are talking about the bench?? I'm talking about pre game. If w eodnt have one attacking left or right back in our youngsters then no wonder why we are flopping so badly.