Racism Part two

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

See anything odd?

Dunno about odd - maybe Burma is strange! 

All first World modern democracies - Europe (minus Sweden and Iceland), North America, Japan, S. Korea etc with similar democracies to Israel are grey and the rotw is green.

I guess you can read into it what you want. You can look at it as mature democracies almost unanimously having the view to recognize Palestine's existence and right to exist, but holding the view that it's kind of also something Palestine and Israel need to sort out their relationship. If I was in charge of the UK, I'd take the same view as Sweden and Iceland, I think. At some point you have to realise Israel's governments are just not going to constructively aim for a peaceful settlement, so we need to be stronger in forcing the issue.

You can look at it like there's a whole bunch of countries that don't recognise Israel's right to exist which do recognise Palestine's, which is no surprise.

You can look at it and think "something that is so complex can't be reduced to/represented by a 2 colour map".

You can look at the BLM political tweet and view the political part of BLM as plums for saying "British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism", because it's clearly, demonstrably untrue. It's not really helping them with BLM.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I see that the "developed" countries don't recognize Palestine.

I suppose it is fashionable to be anti-Jewish/Zionist.

Wonder if there could be anything happening in the world that might make talking about these issues seem as if it is 'fashionable'?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wonder if there could be anything happening in the world that might make talking about these issues seem as if it is 'fashionable'?

No not really, anti-Semitism has been going on since the Roman Empire and before. I find it incredibly interesting that when this sort of news is reported there is little or no reaction but when the ball is on the other foot of the spectrum there is widespread condemnation and outrage. You still don’t get the point, the BLM political movement should be denounced as a crackpot organisation But the message of BLM should be listened to. Very easy to do and is very easy to separate both issues but nobody seems to be able to do it, or more concerning does not want to

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

No not really, anti-Semitism has been going on since the Roman Empire and before. I find it incredibly interesting that when this sort of news is reported there is little or no reaction but when the ball is on the other foot of the spectrum there is widespread condemnation and outrage. You still don’t get the point, the BLM political movement should be denounced as a crackpot organisation But the message of BLM should be listened to. Very easy to do and is very easy to separate both issues but nobody seems to be able to do it, or more concerning does not want to

I don’t understand your point sorry?

Are you saying people have been duped in to supporting BLM as a movement and those same people can’t spot another stream of anti semitism?

That there is no reaction to anti semitism but blind belief in BLM philosophy and political manifesto?

If, if you are suggesting that, I’d say you are massively wrong. Or I’ve garbled and misunderstood your point.

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Our last interaction ended with you drunkenly denying that modern day slavery exists. I told you that I would be applying appropriate discounting to anything you had to say in the future, and just for your reference, I am applying it right now.

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Interesting tweet by black lives matter UK a couple of hours ago regarding Israel. As stated earlier in the thread distinction needs to be drawn between the movement and the actual political group as quickly as possible 

Very good.

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t understand your point sorry?

Are you saying people have been duped in to supporting BLM as a movement and those same people can’t spot another stream of anti semitism?

That there is no reaction to anti semitism but blind belief in BLM philosophy and political manifesto?

If, if you are suggesting that, I’d say you are massively wrong. Or I’ve garbled and misunderstood your point.

Basically yes, I was listening to Mike Graham last week or the week before and there are number of people phoning who could not make the distinction between the two. I read a few tweets yesterday that stated that people were getting ‘wise to this movement’ , the FA will want to distance themselves from the movement and taking the knee etc, etc. There are a lot of people out there that think they are one of the same

17 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Interesting tweet by black lives matter UK a couple of hours ago regarding Israel. As stated earlier in the thread distinction needs to be drawn between the movement and the actual political group as quickly as possible 

Don't see the problem. Oppression, rascism and israeli apartheid goes hand in hand. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Basically yes, I was listening to Mike Graham last week or the week before and there are number of people phoning who could not make the distinction between the two. I read a few tweets yesterday that stated that people were getting ‘wise to this movement’ , the FA will want to distance themselves from the movement and taking the knee etc, etc. There are a lot of people out there that think they are one of the same

Mike Graham of Talksport?

4tPb1B9.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I was listening to Mike Graham last week or the week before and there are number of people phoning who could not make the distinction between the two.

Do you see the irony in your post?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

You still don’t get the point, the BLM political movement should be denounced as a crackpot organisation But the message of BLM should be listened to

It looks like some whoppers have taken the cause, the hashtag, whatever that arose from the racial oppression, the killings, the mistreatment of black people and hijacked it for a different message and cause. I might be wrong, but it looks a bit like that to me, too.  It’s not for us to tell people how to protest or campaign, but reporting the message we hear as “confused” seems fair enough.

19 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

That well known saying.

Its the best saying ever!

My previous favourite was a chap at work describing his tyre as being as "bald as a pancake"

• Haha 1

Â