Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

Explain your thoughts on democracy please....

VLD.

Thats rich, you enter a topic, ask a load of nonsensical questions, make a few pithy statements and not once have you given an actual opinion or an explantion of the motives behind your posts. How about you do us the courtesy first

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

VLD.

Is it having the ability to lob a grenade, see nobody is impressed that you lobbed a grenade and then respond by saying you are just trying to provoke a discussion about grenades?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Graham t said:

VLD.

Not sure it works that way but I'll humour you with a (hopefully) pithy response: I'm a fan but not a fan.

Would you like to explain how and why 'freedom of expression is what democracy is all about'?

Edited by snowychap

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

Is it having the ability to lob a grenade, see nobody is impressed that you lobbed a grenade and then respond by saying you are just trying to provoke a discussion about grenades?

Try ' Freedom of Expression', Article 10 Human Rights Commision. Not trying to be clever, just think this might help....

Regards,

VLD.

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

Try ' Freedom of Expression', Article 10 Human Rights Commision. Not trying to be clever, just think this might help....

Regards,

VLD.

This would be an excellent response if you had at any point expressed anything. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, choffer said:

That here ain't no grenade, brother. That's an ex-o-cet.

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

That here ain't no grenade, brother. That's an ex-oc-et.

Yes, very interesting. I hope you don't mind but time for my Hot Chocolate and off to bed. Thanks to all the lads who made some salient points.

VLD.

• Haha 2

On 30/06/2020 at 18:12, villa4europe said:

I notice it with strikers, it's ridiculously noticeable with Wesley for example and it was with lukaku too

There is a stereotype with big black guys who play up top, more or less all of them are lazily described in the same manner as Drogba even if they play nothing like him 

Lazy is another one. Black players always described as lazy when they're not performing. Doesn't happen very much with white players at all.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lazy is another one. Black players always described as lazy when they're not performing. Doesn't happen very much with white players at all.

That's the old Big Ron thing, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Graham t said:

Here's a thought....

If a Premier player had decided he simply did not believe in the political objectives of BLM and had refused to wear that shirt with the BLM motif would he...

Be sacked by his club

Attacked in the street by people who felt insulted by his stance

or

allowed freedom of choice...

'Regards'

VLD.

I imagine he'd be allowed freedom of choice.

But he'd probably be criticised far and wide for not supporting what is clearly an extremely positive movement. 

James McClean chooses not to wear the poppy and gets absolute pelters for it (wrongly, imo), for example

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

That's the old Big Ron thing, isn't it?

Maybe.

It happens all the time. It happens on this board. I can think of multiple players who have been roundly slated as being lazy in their time here. 

Kodjia, Ayew, Wesley, Gestede, Onomah for example. All black. And I don't mean one or two people. It almost becomes an accepted consensus that these players are lazy.

It hardly ever happens with white players. They might get labelled as slow, or old, or off the pace, or legs have gone. But never lazy.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Ah, Ben, I didn't want to suggest that I was disagreeing with your point. I wasn't.

I was just anchoring it in modern 'mythology', as it were.

I'll be honest, I didn't understand the reference :D

(I do now ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe.

It happens all the time. It happens on this board. I can think of multiple players who have been roundly slated as being lazy in their time here. 

Kodjia, Ayew, Wesley, Gestede, Onomah for example. All black. And I don't mean one or two people. It almost becomes an accepted consensus that these players are lazy.

It hardly ever happens with white players. They might get labelled as slow, or old, or off the pace, or legs have gone. But never lazy.

If they're not playing with a wide smile on their face for 90 minutes and/or busting a gut running around aimlessly like Trezeguet, they're always susceptible to the lazy tag.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe.

Kodjia, Ayew, Wesley, Gestede, for example. All black. And I don't mean one or two people. It almost becomes an accepted consensus that these players are lazy.

It hardly ever happens with white players.

That's some very weak correlation causation logic going on there methinks. 

The last 10-15 years we've had Agbonlahor, Carew, Heskey, Moore, Harewood, Delfouneso, Bent, Kodjia, Ayew, Gestede, Wesley, Samatta, Davis ++. Then you got Weimann, Hogan, McCormack. 

McCormack was lazy for sure. Hogan and Weimann not. Ayew, Kodjia are both lazy in my book, not because they are black but because that's my impression after watching them play. Wesley is just so akward and slow he comes across as lazy. Samatta and Davis are the polar opposite in my book. Never found Heskey, Harewood or Gestede lazy either. 

We tend to have black strikers, well looking back 15 years at least. And some will obviously be lazy. Nothing to do with colour. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's some very weak correlation causation logic going on there methinks. 

The last 10-15 years we've had Agbonlahor, Carew, Heskey, Moore, Harewood, Delfouneso, Bent, Kodjia, Ayew, Gestede, Wesley, Samatta, Davis ++. Then you got Weimann, Hogan, McCormack. 

I don't understand what you've listed here. Our strikers? Why?

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

McCormack was lazy for sure. Hogan and Weimann not. Ayew, Kodjia are both lazy in my book, not because they are black but because that's my impression after watching them play. Wesley is just so akward and slow he comes across as lazy. Samatta and Davis are the polar opposite in my book. Never found Heskey, Harewood or Gestede lazy either. 

That's great that that's your opinion. It's not the general consensus on those players though. You might not think HEskey, Harewood or gestede were lazy, but plenty of people on VillaTalk do. Which is my point.

Yet players like Whelan and Jedinak, for example, are just labelled as slow or past it. Never lazy.

You're right in that I don't have any data to back this up. Just my own experience and anecdotal evidence of this board and being at games. It's obvious when you look out for it, imo.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Â