Match Thread: Reading v Villa

limpid

Maybe Carroll’s passing can help get the wingers into the game. The form of our wide players seems to correlate directly with the availability and form of Grealish and his ability to place the ball in their stride behind a defender. Think we’re all in agreement that Kodjia and Carroll on for Adomah and Whelan is the smart move.

• Like 3

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I haven't seen any of the game and I already know Adomah has been shit.

He is annoying. He is one of those players that plays well if the team is playing well, then disappears when it gets tough. Also called poor footballers. 

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It doesn't matter. We didn't score and this type of nonsense is becoming the norm now. It's lazy. Lazy performances. From Albert and Hutton just letting runners go. To Whelan Hourihane and El Ghazi not getting on the ball, not getting into positions to get on the ball. Just not working anywhere near hard enough. To be a passing team you have to work hard to find space and give people options.
We don't do any of that. Just stand around in groups of threes staring at each other.

We did play well for the majority of the half though, yes the last 15 mins were poor, but we were the better team for half an hour. Play to that level second half and not like the end of the first half and we shoudl be ok.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Adomah looks way past it.

Age catched up to him. We need to get rid in the summer

Yep he will definitely be let go thank god. Never seen such a player go from unbelievably great one of the best in the league to one of the wot in 12 months.

get rid of him. Pure garbage 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Maybe Carroll’s passing can help get the wingers into the game. The form of our wide players seems to correlate directly with the availability and form of Grealish and his ability to place the ball in their stride behind a defender. Think we’re all in agreement that Kodjia and Carroll on for Adomah and Whelan is the smart move.

I'd be worried about Carroll protecting that back 4. Looks to have the strength of a 6 year old girl.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Reading have nothing to play for yet it looks like they want it more.

They’re in the relegation zone.

We should be beating them no question, but they need to start picking up points themselves.

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

They’re in the relegation zone.

We should be beating them no question, but they need to start picking up points themselves.

Didn't realise they were that far down. 

Just makes this even more disappointing.

Apart from Abraham, McGinn and probably Elphick there is no spark or fight in this team. Bunch of losers with an awful mentality.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Err, they're fighting for their lives to try avoid relegation. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nothing to play for??? Apart from battling relegation. Complete dismissal of the motivation and ability of the opposition, I see it every week and just never understand it. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We'll definitely need changes at some point - neither Adomah or Whelan look like they have the legs for ninety minutes - it'll be interesting to see how early we get them.

I'm not sure Smith is a half time sub man, so the hour mark?

Usually on the hour +/- I think with Smith, Can't see him sending them out for just 5 mins...

• Like 1