Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He'll stay here for the rest of his career IMO.

He'll be 31, part of a side that (in all likelihood) will be in the upper part of the Premier League table with European fixtures alongside the usual domestic ones and at a club that he loves/loves him.  The reintegration after such a serious injury will take a while.  Just can't see him kicking up a massive fuss and don't think he'll get anywhere near as good a side as us.

the only thing that could change is if the club received a decent offer. Feels unlikely considering age and injury profile but a 10-15m may tempt the club. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He'll stay here for the rest of his career IMO.

He'll be 31, part of a side that (in all likelihood) will be in the upper part of the Premier League table with European fixtures alongside the usual domestic ones and at a club that he loves/loves him.  The reintegration after such a serious injury will take a while.  Just can't see him kicking up a massive fuss and don't think he'll get anywhere near as good a side as us.

No but if he's not starting our most important games he might want to move. I can't see him being content not being an important figure. He's too driven.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

No but if he's not starting our most important games he might want to move. I can't see him being content not being an important figure. He's too driven.

It could be that being an important figure doesn't require being an everyday player.  I'm not saying Ty's playing career is done but he has so many other skills besides his pure footballing talent. 

Tyrone is tailor made for eventually moving into a coaching role. I could even see him becoming a front office type.  His charisma and speaking ability are top notch. Every club in England would love to have him representing their club business or pitch side. 

24 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It could be that being an important figure doesn't require being an everyday player.  I'm not saying Ty's playing career is done but he has so many other skills besides his pure footballing talent. 

Tyrone is tailor made for eventually moving into a coaching role. I could even see him becoming a front office type.  His charisma and speaking ability are top notch. Every club in England would love to have him representing their club business or pitch side. 

I just see him as the kinda guy who would want to get as many minutes as possible in his playing career, especially as his early years were blighted by injury. He's commented on that frustration himself as well and said how Konsa had played more games than him despite being younger.

But hey, who knows! Hopefully he stays with us and continues to play a big part.

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I've been thinking of him lately.

Hope he's doing well and the club/players are surrounding him (and Emi Buendia) with positivity!

I'm sure they are. :)

Probably a contrast of personalities. Buendia has always seemed a bit of a terrier and you can see it how he's going to all the matches and seems to enjoy connecting and posting on social media that he's working hard to get back.

Can't help but feel that Ty is working hard to get back but also taking the time to get a bit of a break from the high pressures of football at this level. Especially given the tumultuous time under Gerrard and then the high intensity we played under Unai.

22 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Pedro Neto has just been carried off after going down in the same part of the pitch where Mings done his knee.

It seems like there might be a problem with the pitch.

Take a breath, realize what you're saying 🫠

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

To be fair the sprinkler in front of the Holte injured Jenus so anything is possible.

Is that actually true? I was in the Holte that night and he definitely stacked it with nobody around him but apparently the sprinkler valve thing is a myth?

Anyway, to keep this on topic, any specific timescale on when Mings will be back yet?

Â