Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Have Mings and Carlos ever started a game together? Only we could have potentially the most physically imposing CB pairing ever and never get to play them together 🤣 (bar the game the clown was in charge pre Carlos' injury).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, robby b said:

Poor Tyrone. 😢 And then in 2nd place poor us too. 😟 Let's just hope he can do a Shearer a 2nd time: somehow recover so well from an ACL that he can go on to play at a very high level still ! 🤞

Players do this year in year out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Have Mings and Carlos ever started a game together? Only we could have potentially the most physically imposing CB pairing ever and never get to play them together 🤣 (bar the game the clown was in charge pre Carlos' injury).

Yeah for all of 26 minutes. They started the Everton game together that he tore his achilles in.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think those fearing he may have played his last game for us are being a little pessimistic. The optimistic timescale for recovery seems to be around 8 months, the most pessimistic 15 months so if we air on that side and say 12 months he'd not long have turned 31 and all being well should hopefully have another 3 or 4 years at the top in him.

It will be as much a mental battle as it is a physical one and in that regard Tyrone is as strong as they come. He'll be back.

Hope so. A lot can happen to a team within that time though. I’m sure Tyrone knows what he needs to do. He still has a voice - he needs to use it. 

• Like 1

ACL injuries are ones players come back from. My worry is it's more than just an ACL. 

I hope we find out more about the injuries he and Buendia have suffered. 

The worst part about Wesley injury was we were never really informed it was a very serious one. 

Irish Rugby player Dan Leavy essentially ended his career when he had a terrible Knee injury. We were told at the time how serious is was and we all prayed he'd make it back.

We just want to know are we mourning Mings or are we saying we'll see you in the ECL final. 

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah for all of 26 minutes. They started the Everton game together that he tore his ACL in.

I couldn't remember when Carlos got injured, as Mings came on for someone in the first game he was dropped didn't he? (Bournemouth away).

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

IMG-3072.jpg

Coincidence… or something in it? 

Most pitches in USA that are also used for NFL are normally quite bad I'm sure? I’m sure it’s been an ongoing discussion in the NFL due to amount of injuries sustained on the turf

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah for all of 26 minutes. They started the Everton game together that he tore his achilles in.

Not quite, just checked and it was only in 2nd half stoppage time when Carlos got injured v Everton. So they played around 92mins together.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

IMG-3072.jpg

Coincidence… or something in it? 

Too many competitive pre season games in the heat straight after a premier league season that also had a World Cup then straight into a new season would be my guess…

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just remembered Dendonker is capable of at CB as well, but of course he's injured.

Shouldn't need him tbf. Should have more than enough with Ezri, Carlos and Pau.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spoony said:

Too many competitive pre season games in the heat straight after a premier league season that also had a World Cup then straight into a new season would be my guess…

Or could be the amount of flying and training they have done in a short space of time, both getting to the States and internally

Â