Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Still feels unreal to me. Arguably our most important player apart from Emi Martinez. And he's ****-ing gone suddenly? 

The whole Villa paradigm is going to have to shift for Aston Villa and Emery and the squad this year. There's no papering over such a loss. He's a defining player for a certain approach -- the approach that's been winning. 

It's really up to NSWE to signal very clearly that they're going to step up and make sure Villa make the transfers we need to deal with this loss. Players get hurt. This one is a terrible loss. Time for NSWE to support some aggressive and smart transfers.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Since promotion from the twelve games that Mings hasn't played we've taken five points, just one win, it came against Norwich back in 2019, our squad for that game was Heaton, Elmohamamdy, Konsa, Hause, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Wesley, Nyland, Engels, Guilbert, Hourihane, Lansbury, Jota, and Kodjia, his first game back after four games out on the sidelines was infamous 2-1 away victory to Burnley on News Years Day 2020.

Mings is a huge loss but the fact that a fair few of those games without him game when our squad overall was much much poorer is why I think the "Villa without Mings stats" are a tad misleading. We're obviously worse without him though.

Edited by Mantis

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Mings is a huge loss but the fact that a fair few of those games without him game when our squad overall was much much poorer is why I think the "Villa without Mings stats" are a tad misleading. We're obviously worse without him though.

Writing Torres off already. Nice.

Eh? I was reminding the OP why we bought Pau as he didn't understand why we had. 

Edited by sidcow

Gutted and you can see immediately the effect it has on the partnership.

For the third goal, you can see Torres pull up for the trap but Konsa keeps running. Maybe Torres doesn’t give a shout, or doesn’t trust himself to give the call, or maybe Konsa just doesn’t hear it.

But Ming’s has always been able to loudly project and I suspect he would have given Konsa the shout for the trap.

Horrible for Mings, horrible for Villa and that optimism chart from the Athletic dipped with Buendia but has really sunk for me with Mings out. 

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Gutted for Mings. Only going off his reaction but it wouldn’t surprise me if we never seen him in a Villa shirt again. Might sound extreme but it will be the 2nd he’s done it and at his age it will tough to get back to anywhere near the level he was at. 

What is it with these reactions?

• Like 1

Every cloud has a silver lining….

Emery was clearly trying to force Pau, Mings and Konsa into a formation (Pau at left back) to play them all. 

Mings injury has forced his hand and now I hope he drops Konsa and plays the Pau/Carlos pairing. On paper, it looks extremely strong as long as they can adjust to the physicality and aerial duel needs of the league. 

Add Moreno back in and hopefully a competent right back (who is not named Cash) and we should be strong at the back. 

There’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter recorded pitch side by a fan of him in pain just after his injury. I’ve been watching football 30 years and I’m genuinely shocked and heartbroken by how badly he was suffering. I’ve seen very few reactions that bad, normally the worst injuries. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

There’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter recorded pitch side by a fan of him in pain just after his injury. I’ve been watching football 30 years and I’m genuinely shocked and heartbroken by how badly he was suffering. I’ve seen very few reactions that bad, normally the worst injuries. 

to be fair you didn't need a pitchside camera. the fact that such a warrior stayed down as play continued told us everything we needed to know

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Every cloud has a silver lining….

Emery was clearly trying to force Pau, Mings and Konsa into a formation (Pau at left back) to play them all. 

Mings injury has forced his hand and now I hope he drops Konsa and plays the Pau/Carlos pairing. On paper, it looks extremely strong as long as they can adjust to the physicality and aerial duel needs of the league. 

Add Moreno back in and hopefully a competent right back (who is not named Cash) and we should be strong at the back. 

Yes I don't think we need to go out and make a rash signing as we have 4 top class cbs at the club. Its just about finding the right combination. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

to be fair you didn't need a pitchside camera. the fact that such a warrior stayed down as play continued told us everything we needed to know

Yeah absolutely. It was quickly apparent it was a bad one,  still upsetting to see.

Â