Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 24/07/2023 at 07:55, Villaphan04 said:

He's a great interview! Tyrone's early public school education at Millfield seems to come through here, too. Isn't there a bit of poshness in that accent? Am I mishearing this with my American ears? Is that a stupid question? 😬

Edited by Marka Ragnos

52 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

He's a great interview! Tyrone's early public school education at Millfield seems to come through here, too. Isn't there a bit of poshness in that accent? Am I mishearing this with my American ears? Is that a stupid question? 😬

Posh in comparison to ya average Brummie accent! Or at least much more neutral to your American ears I guess. 

He’s well spoken though, as in, good diction, speaks clearly. Not essentially posh though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Despite the signing of torres and Carlos recovering a bit. Mings is still our best ball playing centre half. 

2 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Easily

i understand the sentiment, but thats clearly not true, Mings doesnt have to be the best at everything to be a valued player for us, he has his strengths, others have theirs, but Mings isnt the best ball playing centre half we have.

that doesnt mean he isnt a good ball playing centre half, he is, but he defo isnt our best.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i understand the sentiment, but thats clearly not true, Mings doesnt have to be the best at everything to be a valued player for us, he has his strengths, others have theirs, but Mings isnt the best ball playing centre half we have.

that doesnt mean he isnt a good ball playing centre half, he is, but he defo isnt our best.

Disagree, we looked so much mroe fluid with him on the pitch. His level of confidence is clearly higher than our other CBs and his willingness to accept the ball under pressure makes a huge huge difference to our attack. It's imo why we struggled so much in the first half with torres because he wasn't confident in receiving the ball so we never went left despite our attack having a very heavy left leaning bias. 

• Like 1

Watching the game this morning I saw a clear difference between Mings and Pau..

Once Pau finds his feet Mings will struggle to dislodge him..

Pau was aggressive, very good with the ball, passing is crisp and sharp, strong in the air..

Maybe be Mings can learn playing that RCB role?

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I know it’s been a while now… but what we’re Bournemouth thinking!? I know we paid over the odds at the time but how influential has that signing been!?

Bournemouth thought they were diddling us. 

We've spent 4 years laughing all the way to the bank, taking the long way round so we can laugh some more. 

• Like 3

Just now, sidcow said:

Bournemouth thought they were diddling us. 

We've spent 4 years laughing all the way to the bank, taking the long way round so we can laugh some more. 

It’s mad isn’t it!? I remember his first few games for us in the Champ and then leading on to the ten game unbeaten run… I thought he looked good then, and he’s just got better since imo, how was he not even getting in their team? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s mad isn’t it!? I remember his first few games for us in the Champ and then leading on to the ten game unbeaten run… I thought he looked good then, and he’s just got better since imo, how was he not even getting in their team? 

Sometimes you have to just get a solid run of games and the trust of a manager. The one thing Dean and Unai have in spades is their ability to instill confidence in their players. Such a critical managerial skill. 

• Like 3

This guy is our rock, I like watching these friendly games with passive crowds as his lion like leadership / instructions can be heard clearly . He offers so much to the team , the armband not being on him has freed him up to show more of his natural skills , go Ty !

• Like 2

Â