Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Him and Konsa have been our CBs since we were promoted and still are, it's no surprise we're still conceding so many goals. 

If people think the defence is fine as it is then they need to give their head a wobble if they think we're going to challenge for the top 7 next season. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's fine but I do want to see a run of games with mings and Carlos and then RB is priority over CB, even then attacking positions are priority over the defence

If a top quality CB (torres for example) lands in our lap this summer then I'd be happy if we took him but I wouldn't expect the club to spend the summer chasing several of them and dropping down our target list, we're not desperate for a CB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Him and Konsa have been our CBs since we were promoted and still are, it's no surprise we're still conceding so many goals. 

If people think the defence is fine as it is then they need to give their head a wobble if they think we're going to challenge for the top 7 next season. 

Just 5 more conceded than 2nd place Man United

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

We're 5 points off 7th, we're competing for it now. 

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody think opposing fans get under his skin? He’s constantly targeted by other supporters.

Yeah they often do.

Fans and opponents that want to "wind him up" often affect his performance.

• Like 1

I like Mings and think he has been our best centre back for quite a while. Saying that I also think the second goal yesterday was mainly/partly his fault and he/we got punished for it.

Minutes into the second half Konsa gave the ball away and Iheanacho went clean through and should have scored. 

Both players were not at their best yesterday.

EDIT: added in partly due as certainly was partly - arguable if mainly.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Honestly speaking.. 

We are not going to get into Europe with Mings in defence..

He has been our best defender because our other defenders are not premier league standard..

EDIT

I think Emery will move him on in the summer and that will kickstart his regime at Villa..

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I like Mings and think he has been our best centre back for quite a while. Saying that I also think the second goal yesterday was mainly his fault and he/we got punished for it.

Minutes into the second half Konsa gave the ball away and Iheanacho went clean through and should have scored. 

Both players were not at their best yesterday.

No way that's his fault imo. He's not meant to leave a big gap between him and Konsa. That's 100% someone Digne has to mark, and between them Digne and Buendia both just fell asleep.

They have an overlap there, but that's just the way it goes. Dougie needs to be coming in too. That's my understanding of defending anyway.

Edit: Having watched it again, Digne is just completely asleep. Digne's not even doing any defending against either of the other two Leicester players—same for Buendia. They're both the wrong side. They seem to be playing offside.

It's a soft goal though whatever.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

No way that's his fault imo. He's not meant to leave a big gap between him and Konsa. That's 100% someone Digne has to mark, and between them Digne and Buendia both just fell asleep.

They have an overlap there, but that's just the way it goes. Dougie needs to be coming in too. That's my understanding of defending anyway.

Edit: Having watched it again, Digne is just completely asleep. Digne's not even doing any defending against either of the other two Leicester players—same for Buendia. They're both the wrong side. They seem to be playing offside.

It's a soft goal though whatever.

He has to shoulder some of the blame because iheanacho is his man and he's lost him, it's bad positioning and awareness, not a mistake but it's bad defending from mings

But from there on in its all Digne, he can see everything, including that iheanacho has lost mings, he has to read and cover the danger and the danger is not tete even if tete is his man

The ironic thing being the number of times mings is pulled out of position or does something rash and in general runs round like a blue ass fly because he is usually very good and reading danger and covering for team mates

I would want our LB to help him there and he didn't which is maybe even more disappointing or worse than just bad defending, it's either laziness, failing to read the game or bottling it

Add on top of that what we'll never know which is the talking, if Digne said nothing on top of doing nothing then it's piss poor, at the very least he should be screaming at Mings from there with what he can see

I agree Digne could have done better too. Twice he is the wrong side of his player which is clearly crap positional play.

On Mings though - it was his clearance in the first place that didn't clear the lines properly and when the ball came back in the box he didn't deal with the danger (llike Digne) despite there being 3 Leicester players towards the back post. He wasn't in a position to impact any of them.

I expect Emery won't be happy with most of the defence for the 2nd goal. Could be argued Young didn't do enough to stop the cross and Konsa possibly helped keep Leicester onside if he was deepest!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I agree Digne could have done better too. Twice he is the wrong side of his player which is clearly crap positional play.

On Mings though - it was his clearance in the first place that didn't clear the lines properly and when the ball came back in the box he didn't deal with the danger (llike Digne) despite there being 3 Leicester players towards the back post. He wasn't in a position to impact any of them.

I expect Emery won't be happy with most of the defence for the 2nd goal. Could be argued Young didn't do enough to stop the cross and Konsa possibly helped keep Leicester onside if he was deepest!

There was nothing wrong with the clearance to be honest, it was whipped across goal with pace and he got his foot to it to block it and managed to get it well out of the box despite facing his own goal. From the subsequent cross yes he was a little bit in no-man’s land but Digne is behind him but just stands there like a lemon not bothered about defending at all

Â