Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

Voted third for MoTM in the post-match thread, but yeah no he's shite and his fault we lost 🙄

i do think the majority acknowledge his abilities. the outrage when he had the captaincy taken off him, the subsequent dropping and the "look me in the eyes" comment from gerrard showed how much support he has from the wider fanbase

but @Zatman does have a point. every time we lose, this thread will be bumped with someone finding a reason to blame a goal or 2 on ty

I’m not sure how long Ty’s contract is but  he’ll need replacing before too long. For me I think Unai is interested in Pau Torres in January. He would replace Konsa now and give us more time to bring Carlos back in rather than rush him. Of course this also protects us from any other CB injury. 

If offers for Ty come in this summer then we and he have a decision to make but at least we would have a measure of control over the situation, rather than potentially scrambling around in the market for a replacement in the summer. Either way we don’t have an embarrassment of riches at CB. Although Chambers is decent cover but he appears to have disappeared this season for some reason. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i do think the majority acknowledge his abilities. the outrage when he had the captaincy taken off him, the subsequent dropping and the "look me in the eyes" comment from gerrard showed how much support he has from the wider fanbase

but @Zatman does have a point. every time we lose, this thread will be bumped with someone finding a reason to blame a goal or 2 on ty

That was the point of my sarcastic post 😆 no way he can be blamed for us losing

• Like 1

Really interesting comments by Mings on 'learning completely new things under a foreign manager'.

Sounds obvious I guess, but he sounded sincere in basically saying, at last, we've got an elite manager and finally we're learning about tactics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

You saw it today too. Clearly switched on and if you rewatch it, had very specific instructions regarding Kane. Glued to him when he was along the line and then chased him out when Kane did his classic dropping into the midfield or immediately signaled to pass him off. Nullified his touches and creativity. 

Think he will benefit immensely from Unai challenging him to be mentally fit as he’s clearly an intelligent lad and he’s responding well to it. 

And to think a certain manager thought you could achieve the same result by asking someone to look you in the eye.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Really interesting comments by Mings on 'learning completely new things under a foreign manager'.

Sounds obvious I guess, but he sounded sincere in basically saying, at last, we've got an elite manager and finally we're learning about tactics.

I missed that. It’s always better to challenge people this way rather than to say they’re shit and throwing them under the bus. 

Just now, Oaks said:

I missed that. It’s always better to challenge people this way rather than to say they’re shit and throwing them under the bus. 

No question. Interestingly, Mings has only ever had English managers, and this is his first overseas manager, and the first time, he said, that any manager he's worked with has placed so much emphasis on tactics. Mings sounded genuinely excited about the future.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

No question. Interestingly, Mings has only ever had English managers, and this is his first overseas manager, and the first time, he said, that any manager he's worked with has placed so much emphasis on tactics. Mings sounded genuinely excited about the future.

Oi dont be a Roy Keane,  Mick McCarthy is Irish. 😛

Just now, DCJonah said:

Another game where no one will say much about how solid he is. Then one error in a few weeks and he'll be slaughtered.

Exactly. Harry Kane needed an oxygen mask at the end of the game he was so tightly wrapped in Ty’s pocket. Haaland Ronaldo and now Kane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Another game where no one will say much about how solid he is. Then one error in a few weeks and he'll be slaughtered.

Yup, credit where it's due.

When he's bad there's loads to say. When he's good, there's a bit to say. When he has a flawless game, there's almost nothing to say because you don't even notice he's there.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This is kind of like a Twitter comment, mate. There's plenty of praise and positivity above, which you have ignored to purposely make a negative point. You could have easily added to the positivity too.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He has been fantastic this season

• Like 1

I keep mentioning this in match threads, but does anyone else notice he seems to get much further forward at certain points in the game now?

Almost like a supporting attacker in a sense, I like it.

Wished he took the shot today when he had the chance. lol

Â