Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

IMHO,irrespective of what anyone says/posts there has got to be a split in the dressing room now.There WILL be players that like Mings and his captainsy and there will be players that dont,so,In one foul swoop SG has devided the dressing room ?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO,irrespective of what anyone says/posts there has got to be a split in the dressing room now.There WILL be players that like Mings and his captainsy and there will be players that dont,so,In one foul swoop SG has devided the dressing room ?!

Not too many managers last long when the dressing room is divided.

• Like 1

As I said above SG simply MUST have caused a split in the dressing room because there WILL be players that like Mings and there WILL be players that dont like mings.Unless of coursewe have a team of zombies.

9 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I think it may have been Digne or Coutinho (or Emi?) that spoke about the welcome that they'd had at the club and referred specifically to "Captain Mings" in this statement, which suggests that people got a good feeling from the bloke as skipper. 

I think he's well liked and respected by the lads. I do wonder if this intimidated Gerrard given that we've seen him lash out at journalists multiple times in his time here. And it was clear from before his first game that Tyrone was a caretaker skipper, constantly undermined in pressers, Saturday was a continuation of the disrespectful manner in which Gerrard has spoken about Mings for his entire time at the club. Mings from what we've seen, at a fan event, his response after losing the captaincy has spoken with respect about Gerrard the entire time. 

It wouldn't surprise me if his teammates (even one's that aren't close to Tyrone) are thinking that the way Gerrard has conducted himself around this has been out of order, with some of the respect they had for Gerrard being lost in the process. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Here's a thought, didn't one of these Villa podcasters say that we are in for a 'shock' departure this summer? I know it could be BS and things change, but with the way everything is going could it be Mings? 

Certainly looks like mings will not feature, selling mings especially to a rival will be a massive mistake.

If he requests a move we have brought this on ourselves, going from skipper to absolutely nothing is a disgrace and that's on Stev Gerrard 100%

44 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Exactly.

This is IMO an argument why it can be smart to play down the importance of captaincy the way a lot of clubs in Europe do, and managers like Pep and Klopp letting the players decide. By elevating the importance of captaincy you’ll be more likely to end up in pointless drama like this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well it's not just 'a picture at the train station' is it? 

There's a lot more to it than that. 

There is.

But a picture from 3 years ago doesn't give any context into the behind the scenes happenings at the club. 

He is a commited club loving man. We are yet to find out if Gerrard made the right call. I won't judge it just yet. 

All we know is that his comments were unnecessary. But maybe it was the right decision. 

Let's see. 

I like Mings, however I'm not a professional footballer or coach/Manager.

First Southgate, then Gerrard, now Souness are three who do not rate him...

Maybe Carlos and Chambers are the two then? Because Konsa is pretty average too...and may have played himself out of the team.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like Mings, however I'm not a professional footballer or coach/Manager.

First Southgate, then Gerrard, now Souness are three who do not rate him...

Maybe Carlos and Chambers are the two then? Because Konsa is pretty average too...and may have played himself out of the team.

Southgate picks Maguire.

Souness hasn't managed in ages.

Gerrard seems to have limited judgement at this point. 

Smith got sacked after he dropped Mings. 

But, I can see how Mings is a droppable player. You are right, outside Villa he isn't universally praised. 

My issue isn't with dropping Mings. It's with giving the captaincy to a player who is arguably just as droppable. 

There must be something behind the scenes that we will not know about until Gerrard or Mings write a book. 

Edited by Mic09

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Been at work.

Can anyone inform me, has anything new happened?

Â