Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Tyrone won’t be at villa in 12 months regardless of whether Gerrard is manager or not. He’s an excellent defender for a team that wants to get promoted or wants to avoid relegation. We should have bigger aspirations than that, regardless of who the manager is and he should fetch a decent fee. 

Luca Digne became available and we moved rapidly to acquire him. If Tyrone was that good Everton, wolves, Bournemouth, forest etc would all have been forming an orderly queue to inquire about his availability since the captaincy issue and some of that would definitely have been leaked if we’re led to believe by some that Gerrard is desperate to get Tyrone out of the club. 

100% agree with you.

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Tyrone won’t be at villa in 12 months regardless of whether Gerrard is manager or not. He’s an excellent defender for a team that wants to get promoted or wants to avoid relegation. We should have bigger aspirations than that, regardless of who the manager is and he should fetch a decent fee. 

Luca Digne became available and we moved rapidly to acquire him. If Tyrone was that good Everton, wolves, Bournemouth, forest etc would all have been forming an orderly queue to inquire about his availability since the captaincy issue and some of that would definitely have been leaked if we’re led to believe by some that Gerrard is desperate to get Tyrone out of the club. 

So ultimately all of this is just you still annoyed at people being frustrated by SG?

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I honestly cannot think of one game when we have looked better without Ty in the side. We always look lost, disorganised and sloppy whenever he hasn’t played. He makes us better, always has. Don’t forget how solid our defence was in the lockdown season…

He has all the necessary attributes and has led our defence and solidified it ever since he joined… all he needs is to be more focussed/concentrated and have less burden/responsibility on his shoulders. I was hoping that Carlos could do that and Ty could thrive alongside him.

This shit manager has different ideas though. 

Statistically we’re better when Mings plays 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This shit manager has different ideas though. 

Get the opinions but being that brutal about our manager seems unnecessarily harsh given that you'll probably be hammering through boxes of tissues if we beat Everton !!!

• Haha 1

Mings is actually pretty good at bringing the ball out of the defence, the issue was the amount of long balls he played but that was mostly down to how the team is set up and we always found it difficult to play out from the back. If his job is made easier and he has the likes of Kamara and Luiz to play the ball to he would look a lot better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Mings is actually pretty good at bringing the ball out of the defence, the issue was the amount of long balls he played but that was mostly down to how the team is set up and we always found it difficult to play out from the back. If his job is made easier and he has the likes of Kamara and Luiz to play the ball to he would look a lot better.

Carlos played similar passes on Saturday in his place to even less success

Obvious a tactic

• Thanks 1

It definitely looks like, all is not well in Dingley Dell.

What with the signing of Carlos and making him vice-captain, it looks like the falling-out has history.

Falling out with a senior player so early in his Villa career, is definitely not a good look.

Comparisons with Lampard are irresistable.

Just now, gordy said:

Wasnt he only back from injury? Thats why he missed our last pre season match because of it?

Thought it was his ankle or something so might not have been fully fit for Sat?

He supposedly played the full 90 against Fulham, which was the day before Stade Rennes. Must’ve picked something up then.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Carlos played similar passes on Saturday in his place to even less success

Obvious a tactic

I'd have assumed so but I have no idea why given the game wasn't stretched and nobody was running into space.

He wants to become a possession team, this cant be the way. Even so I'd love to see a comparison of Mings long ball pass % with McGinn/Ramsey on compared to Luiz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’d keep Gerrard in a heart beat and sell Tyrone before the end of the window, If someone even wants him that is, but hey we all have different opinions. 

Just liked this post of yours so you have the full set of reaction emojis, even though i completely disagree.

• Haha 2

Â