Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's a big assumption to make, there are plenty of quality CB partnerships made up of two same footers. You don't play a CB over someone else purely because of their preferred foot.

I don't think Gomez is the answer, though.

That's true, Gomez is one of those players that also fills in at RB though, effectively a relatively mobile CB who can chip in at fullback - that sort of player we wouldn't usually see at LCB. Konsa, Chambers, Gomez and Tuanzebe all fit that bill, I'm not sure we'd see any of them at LCB.

If we're going down that route, you'd want an absolute monster of a CB who can be organised etc and a big leader. Then they can fit in well and lead from LCB. VVD a good example, whilst I'm sure he could play fullback if pushed, he's a monster CB that plays on the left.

I'd be nervous of a Gomez-Konsa back line though. Needs a heavy hitter in there alongside either of those two

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

That's true, Gomez is one of those players that also fills in at RB though, effectively a relatively mobile CB who can chip in at fullback - that sort of player we wouldn't usually see at LCB. Konsa, Chambers, Gomez and Tuanzebe all fit that bill, I'm not sure we'd see any of them at LCB.

If we're going down that route, you'd want an absolute monster of a CB who can be organised etc and a big leader. Then they can fit in well and lead from LCB. VVD a good example, whilst I'm sure he could play fullback if pushed, he's a monster CB that plays on the left.

I'd be nervous of a Gomez-Konsa back line though. Needs a heavy hitter in there alongside either of those two

small centre backs just get targetted

I didn't necessarily mean height when saying 'monster CB'. Just a great defender, organiser and leader. 

I think we're going to find it tough to simultaneously try and get a ball-playing CB that can also replace Mings' good qualities in leadership and organisation, that doesn't have a clanger in them.

It's why a little part of me wouldn't be surprised to see us buy two new CBs as if you try and replace Mings with a hypothetical LCB who is going to be a leader, captain, ball-playing, defensive wonder. It's going to cost big money

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

5'11" but a true monster...

image.jpeg.4a548fc312ab223096b3d377d70b26c9.jpeg

God aside my favourite CB. Absolute warrior. 

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

God aside my favourite CB. Absolute warrior. 

We'll never ever see a player like God at the club again. The type of pure genius with warrior spirit. Being Irish his best moment was still when we beat world cup favourites Italy in 94. Just simply God.

Anyway

Â