Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, spiezels said:

Oppo fans really hate him, he gets boo’ed by almost every other teams fans and his name sung in a derogatory way.

Its mental, all because he played well in an England shirt a few times. Really don’t get it. 

It's great to have players that oppo fans hate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spiezels said:

Oppo fans really hate him, he gets boo’ed by almost every other teams fans and his name sung in a derogatory way.

Its mental, all because he played well in an England shirt a few times. Really don’t get it. 

I couldn’t work out if Brighton and Bournemouth were letter of the alphabet rivals or something to explain the boo’s they were giving Mings 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For what it’s worth I have a couple of wolves supporting mates who while not much caring for Villa, have both, without any prompting said how much they like and admire Tyrone, mainly for his views.

This is anecdotal, and a very small sample size but I've found Wolves fans are good with that kind of thing. There are some clubs with backwards fans, like West Ham etc, but Wolves don't appear to be one of them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm fairly certain oppo fans hate him for his outspokenness on social issues, plus other goofy stuff like thinking he's arrogant, chewing gum etc.

Plus the stamps earlier on in his career. Whether intentional or not, that'll be part of it.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Plus the stamps earlier on in his career. Whether intentional or not, that'll be part of it.

For United fans, for sure. That's why I don't hold it against them. I doubt too many other fans remember much about that, or the one against Reading.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I couldn’t work out if Brighton and Bournemouth were letter of the alphabet rivals or something to explain the boo’s they were giving Mings 

It's AFC Bournemouth so that's out the window anyway:P

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For what it’s worth I have a couple of wolves supporting mates who while not much caring for Villa, have both, without any prompting said how much they like and admire Tyrone, mainly for his views.

hes besties with coady so they probably go by "well if conor likes him then he must be a good guy"

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The way it was put was that mings is the best on the ball out of him konsa etc and carries the ball forward well.

We are not blessed with dominant players.....Mings is one, despite his errors.....which I happen to think would be less, with the appropriate cover/protection.

So for me he is a valuable asset in our team....Konsa more of a sweeper for me.....slightly different styles, but that is what compliments players, we don't want them the same......e.g Evans& McNaught.

Â