Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I was wondering if Villa would do this given he signed his previous contract not too long ago.

It has quite important ramifications for next season. We know a "#6" is coveted, I think it's clear Luiz will be sold. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McGinn is benched or sold also. If we went into next season with a midfield three of McGinn, Ramsey and "#6" its not much of an upgrade on what we have. It needs overhauling and if Ramsey is the future, McGinn may not be the present. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I was wondering if Villa would do this given he signed his previous contract not too long ago.

It has quite important ramifications for next season. We know a "#6" is coveted, I think it's clear Luiz will be sold. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McGinn is benched or sold also. If we went into next season with a midfield three of McGinn, Ramsey and "#6" its not much of an upgrade on what we have. It needs overhauling and if Ramsey is the future, McGinn may not be the present. 

I think Sanson will leave, McGinn will stay but get rotated a lot more. Luiz will also go and we’ll see two new incoming midfielders. 

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Another 5 year deal. We are beginning to see what the club thinks will be the components of our team of the future.

Nice interview. Seems to be a decent lad.

Looks a bit ill at ease doing interviews.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Another 5 year deal. We are beginning to see what the club thinks will be the components of our team of the future.

Nice interview. Seems to be a decent lad.

Looks a bit ill at ease doing interviews.

Interviews are horrible things if you arent particularly outgoing. Reminds me of how Scholes was . The good thing is that on the pitch he is now mega confident . And he is always the first to celebrate with a goalscorer . 

• Like 2

Fantastic player. Within the next year he’ll be one of the most consistently dangerous midfielders in the league.

When he gets the ball and drives I feel like we’re going to score. I’d rather he be more selfish rather than giving it to anyone other than Coutinho. 

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Interviews are horrible things if you arent particularly outgoing. Reminds me of how Scholes was . The good thing is that on the pitch he is now mega confident . And he is always the first to celebrate with a goalscorer . 

Scholes was full of it. He hasn't stopped yapping since he retired. 

Also, Jacobs has a slight speech impediment. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

As with our other good players and those showing ability above their salary, we've secured him for a long term contract. Sadly, the others that got rewarded seem to have gone backwards in their ability since, so hopefully this doesn't happen to JJ.

Deserved the salary hike, but really needs a rest. Squad rotation is not a strong point of ours.

Cash has been better since signing the contract imo, I was really fed up with him but he's come into his own again since playing for Poland and signing his new deal

He only signed a 4.5yr deal last February. Fantastic for him and great for the club that both sides were keen to get back to the table so quickly on a new deal.

Shows the faith in him and I assume pays him like his meteoric improvement this year deserves. Hopefully he keeps pushing and developing - he has done since his last contract so no reason to believe he stops now.

Starting to see the long term plan:

2027: Martinez, Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Cash

2026: Buendia, Konsa (+1yr Option), Kesler, Digne

Everyone else at risk this summer or next imo

• Like 2

this is where sometimes I do not understand football at all. He is still really young .

He signed a deal last year at probably 20k a week. Why do they get rewarded so early asJacob could easily plateau . His last contract earning a million a year aged 20 is out of this world in reality.  With 4 years left on his deal we could have waited another season before rewarding him at zero risk to us and zero frustration from him. That would have given him another year of maturity and kept that huge hunger that he seems to have to keep getting better without shelling out an extra £3.5 mill a year on him . 

There is proabably a simple answer but i cannot see it currently.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

this is where sometimes I do not understand football at all. He is still really young .

He signed a deal last year at probably 20k a week. Why do they get rewarded so early asJacob could easily plateau . His last contract earning a million a year aged 20 is out of this world in reality.  With 4 years left on his deal we could have waited another season before rewarding him at zero risk to us and zero frustration from him. That would have given him another year of maturity and kept that huge hunger that he seems to have to keep getting better without shelling out an extra £3.5 mill a year on him . 

There is proabably a simple answer but i cannot see it currently.

You're asking a question without knowing the details of the new deal, therefore it's impossible to answer. 
For all we know, he may have only been rewarded with a slight pay increase with the bulk of the pay increase coming in the next 2/3 years dependant on performances...Who knows.

From the clubs perspective, we tie him down a little longer and we make it clear he's not going anywhere and he's the future. There is also likely to be other clauses and stipulations in the contract that benefit the club as like you say, they wouldn't do it. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You're asking a question without knowing the details of the new deal, therefore it's impossible to answer. 
For all we know, he may have only been rewarded with a slight pay increase with the bulk of the pay increase coming in the next 2/3 years dependant on performances...Who knows.

From the clubs perspective, we tie him down a little longer and we make it clear he's not going anywhere and he's the future. There is also likely to be other clauses and stipulations in the contract that benefit the club as like you say, they wouldn't do it. 

just reading into an ITK who said on Sunday that he was on the verge of signing a 90k a week deal. Very true what you say btw. I know nothing 

He is already a £30m Premier League midfielder, full of energy, drive, he will only get better.

Great move for everyone, I hope he is the backbone of our team for many years. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he already McGinns replacement 🤔

I'd prefer if he was Coutinho's if I'm honest. Not saying McGinn should be starting either. I just think JJ's strengths lie further up the pitch, and to have him as a sitting midfielder allowing full backs to bomb on is a waste of his talents. Also his fondness for getting forward leaves us vulnerable in midfield sometimes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'd prefer if he was Coutinho's if I'm honest. Not saying McGinn should be starting either. I just think JJ's strengths lie further up the pitch, and to have him as a sitting midfielder allowing full backs to bomb on is a waste of his talents. Also his fondness for getting forward leaves us vulnerable in midfield sometimes.

I also did think about this 

Imagine the energy, goal threat, him and Buendia could offer as 10s?

• Like 2

Â