Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I would've rested him personally yesterday. Get the feeling he's in the "red zone" a bit currently.

Had flashes yesterday but no more and that's been the theme for a few games.

He certainly knows how to ping a shot into the corners though. Think the goal v Arsenal gave him that confidence in able to pass balls into the net as he also did similar for one of the Leeds goals.

Yes double figures from a CM in prem is very good going, look at the scoring chart and there's very few players even close to 15 goals currently.

He hasn't got double figures though? He has 6 in 26, which is still impressive mind.

On 12/02/2022 at 21:50, useless said:

It seems some seem to think he's only playing well now now that he's scoring goals, I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as he goes two or three games without a goal some will start questioning him again, which is unfair as there's much more to his game than goals and assists.

This is exactly what seems to have happened, I didn't see the Leeds the game but saw many comments about how he wasn't that good, so when I watched the replay on VillaTV I was expecting him to be poor but he wasn't, and kept expecting him to get poorer as the game went on but he didn't, in fact he played really well, was probably our best midfielder in that game, he played well enough against Southampton as well.

There's more to his game than just goals and assists, even if you were to take away his goals this season he'd still be one of our better players this season for how good his general play has been.

• Like 1

His goals are great.....but he needs to influence games more as he improves.

He is still young and learning, but if he wants to be, what some think he is now.....he has to show more influence in his game.

I think the midfield needs an upgrade.....but Jacob, is one who is still showing improvement, so he will stay with us, while that is in progress.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, i think Ramsey is the only one of our current midfield 3 (Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey), who either is good enough, or has the potential to be good enough, for a midfield 3 of a team that wants to push for top 8.

Just my opinion.

I share your view.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I share your view.

Me too. We've had years of McGinn having one good game in 4, and Luiz being disctinctly average for almost his entire time with us.

• Like 2

Imagine being a young attack minded centre mid and getting to work under Stevie G? There’s no doubt JJ’s ceiling is high and if he keeping doing what he’s doing he will be a top midfielder for years to come. 
He travels so well with the ball at his feet. I think if he can improve his passing he will start to rack up assists soon too. 

He still doesnt have composure like Jack did when passing the ball but in the opposite position he has the composure in shooting positions that Jack never had.

Plenty to work on but that chance in the 1st half against the Spam when they had 4 around him .

He still had the strength and dynamism to get the pass off to Phil which i think shows that he is destined to be an incredible footballer in a few years. 

He has a brilliant goalscoring technique where he places the ball but with real timing and power. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nothing good comes from Villa players being called up to England squad. 

I do hope Ramsey kicks on again next season though and improves again

It's literally only Grealish where we've lost out. Everyone else who's been called up in last year or two is still here. And even for Grealish we still got 100m for him (which we wouldn't have got if he hadn't broken into the England squad). 

There are many players in the England squad who play for inferior sides to Villa - Pickford, Guehi, Pope, Phillips (when he's fit), Ward Prowse. No point worrying about it.

Ramsey will surely get his chance soon if he keeps progressing, he's one of the most talented young players playing in his position in the PL. If we want to keep top talent then we have to start progressing too and start competing for European places, and if not then selling them on for huge money like we did with Grealish. Win-win either way IMO.

• Like 4

Neville and Carragher we're on Sky a few months back saying they were often tasked by  managers to tap players up whilst they were away. Neville joked about how Gerrard told him where to go when SAF tasked him with tapping Stevie G up, but that he wasn't quite the same when John Terry tried the same thing..

It pretty much confirmed many fans beliefs that the England camps get used for tapping up.

The whole thing for Villa really kicked when in relatively quick succession we lost Barry, Milner, Young, Downing and a bit later on Delph and now Grealish.

There will have been many reasons for why they each left but it fuelled the belief in parts of the fanbase. We all knew where we were headed as a club and that England wasn't really the reason but it became a bit of a spectre of incoming bad news.

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah I don't get the whole fear of our players being called up for England.

Think it's more when Barry started getting regular call ups and he started coming back and doing interviews that it was time to move on (from seemingly rooming with Steven Gerrard....).

Ramsey will come onto the radar of clubs higher up the league soon enough with the potential he has so it's another reason why we need to start qualifying for european competition soon otherwise regular international players start to get frustrated they're not getting similar experience at club level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Neville and Carragher we're on Sky a few months back saying they were often tasked by  managers to tap players up whilst they were away. Neville joked about how Gerrard told him where to go when SAF tasked him with tapping Stevie G up, but that he wasn't quite the same when John Terry tried the same thing..

It pretty much confirmed many fans beliefs that the England camps get used for tapping up.

The whole thing for Villa really kicked when in relatively quick succession we lost Barry, Milner, Young, Downing and a bit later on Delph and now Grealish.

There will have been many reasons for why they each left but it fuelled the belief in parts of the fanbase. We all knew where we were headed as a club and that England wasn't really the reason but it became a bit of a spectre of incoming bad news.

The irony is that the big moves they were tapped up for basically ruined delph’s and Milner’s international football careers as they went from first team regulars to warming the bench. I’d expect to see the same for grealish in 6-9 months if his form doesn’t improve 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

The irony is that the big moves they were tapped up for basically ruined delph’s and Milner’s international football careers as they went from first team regulars to warming the bench. I’d expect to see the same for grealish in 6-9 months if his form doesn’t improve 

Milner's international appearances didn't go down when he left us. He's done alright for himself.

Â