Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Correct.

Hence why us getting promoted is very important.

I dont agree that its important rite now, i would say Smith, Jesus, Purslow bringing in the rite players and get our team playing rite is the priority. Gaining entry to the premiere would only give us a cash injection, it's not going to sort the kinks out and for that I say we are better playing and learning this league properly. Trying to rush us to the premiere where I think we will just fall back down if not careful and will make us a laughing stock.

Let's get it rite this time so that when we do go up we stay up.

It is a damn shame Smith hasn't been here a couple years already. Because of the fact all these players are due there time soon, im not totally disagreeing with any of you who want premiere football this season. It's just I do agree on the fact that obviously if we do go up then there is going to be better quality coming in However I'm worried that if we don't sort out our team properly on a playing level, if we did come back down, we would of just hired ourselves a completely new expensive set of players on high wages again, that we can it shift for some time and have trouble eith FFP all over again. A bunch of player on high wages and were dumped back out of the premiere again is not good at all. Basically it will be like ground hogs day for us and I don't know if I could take all this rollercoaster again for some time, that's why I'd rather get it rite properly.

I see going up this season a risk if you ask me, if we don't perform in the premiere we will be in bad shape and it cod be potentially harmful to us..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

The utter dross in our squad is extraordinary, and we paid way over the odds and gave massive wages for most of it. 

It's utterly shocking just how badly we have been run even after relegation. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The utter dross in our squad is extraordinary, and we paid way over the odds and gave massive wages for most of it. 

It's utterly shocking just how badly we have been run even after relegation. 

You can say that again.

It is also totally shocking of the length of some of the contracts aswell.

• Like 2

Been reading a lot about FFP rules in the Championship today...

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

This is a good explanation of the rules.

In a nutshell:

Maximum loss limits

Championship clubs will be allowed to lose an average of £13m a season (or £5m if the owner doesn’t inject cash into the club to cover the loss). Hence, a long-standing Championship such as Brighton, is able to lose up to £39m over the three-season assessment period.

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

Clubs relegated from the Premier League are allowed to make losses of up to £35m in respect of any season spent in the top flight – this should allow clubs to better manage the transition.

The following table illustrates how the maximum permitted loss for Championship clubs is dependent on the league they were in during the two previous seasons.

Limits for clubs in Championship in 2016/17 season

limits%20for%20cship%2024.jpg

Assuming the loss limits don't increase this next assessment, we'll be in the first category.  The club cannot make more than a combined loss of £39 over a period covering the past 3 years from the assessment.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy We should pursue if we go up even if we have to meet the 50mill price tag Chelsea have slapped on his add, we would need new strikers anyway in the premiere.

I love Tammy, but I stopped reading here. We're a Championship club. Nuts to say we could possibly spend 50 million on one player.

12 minutes ago, Enda said:

I love Tammy, but I stopped reading here. We're a Championship club. Nuts to say we could possibly spend 50 million on one player.

No, we would only spend that on Tammy if we're promoted to the PL as we cannot do that in this league.

13 minutes ago, Enda said:

That's why if you read it properly it says ( if we go up we should pursue Tammy and the 50 million price they put on him).

I dont even think you read that bit rite as no where in it did I say as a championship club we could spend 50 million, we would be a premiere side again of course.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No, we would only spend that on Tammy if we're promoted to the PL as we cannot do that in this league.

And that is what I wrote, just someone reading it wrong lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Correct.

Hence why us getting promoted is very important.

I personally don’t see ya going up this season. Smith has a very hard job on his hands really when you look closely at the squad. You have to say that if we don’t go up this season Jack will be sold to generate funds to go some way in a rebuild. I just don’t see it happening any other way. 

I too am so sick of the loans which doesn’t help in having a settle spine of a proper team we can call our own.

i look at the Klanic signing and think also was he Smith’s choice.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

If we manage to get promoted and then go on and shell out a combined £55m on Axel and Tammy I think I might cry.

That kind of money get's you world class players if you look outside the England. 

STOP! ⏸️

COMMON SENSE ALERT!!! 🤯.......neee naaarr neeee naaar the common sense Police are on their way to find you and lock you up for life! 🚔

aka: totally agree with you, over 900%.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Killeen30 said:

I personally don’t see ya going up this season. Smith has a very hard job on his hands really when you look closely at the squad. You have to say that if we don’t go up this season Jack will be sold to generate funds to go some way in a rebuild. I just don’t see it happening any other way. 

I too am so sick of the loans which doesn’t help in having a settle spine of a proper team we can call our own.

i look at the Klanic signing and think also was he Smith’s choice.

And that's the other side of the coin for me...

We fail to go up and it's cheerio to almost all the squad and cheerio to Jack for sure, £40m for our prized asset or going for Promotion?

I know what I would be aiming for if I was our owner / manager this season.

It's a no brainer imo.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And that's the other side of the coin for me...

We fail to go up and it's cheerio to almost all the squad and cheerio to Jack for sure, £40m for our prized asset or going for Promotion?

I know what I would be aiming for if I was our owner / manager this season.

It's a no brainer imo.

Sorry, buddy.  You have to take off those Claret & Blue tinted glasses for a minute.  Nobody in their right mind will pay 40 mil for Jacky boy.  People called Leicester crazy for buying James Maddison from Norwich for 25 mil last summer and he's looking like a better player than Grealish is. 

I like Jack, but if the owners can get 40 mil for him this summer, we would be stupid to turn the offer down.  That one transfer buys us 3 seasons of FFP losses in the Championship and can be used to bankroll the club back into the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Sorry, buddy.  You have to take off those Claret & Blue tinted glasses for a minute.  Nobody in their right mind will pay 40 mil for Jacky boy.  People called Leicester crazy for buying James Maddison from Norwich for 25 mil last summer and he's looking like a better player than Grealish is. 

I like Jack, but if the owners can get 40 mil for him this summer, we would be stupid to turn the offer down.  That one transfer buys us 3 seasons of FFP losses in the Championship and can be used to bankroll the club back into the Premier League.

I agree that we wouldn’t get 40 million for Jack in the summer.  

And even if we did I seriously doubt it would as you say 'bankroll the club back into the Premier League'. Simply because we continually piss money in the wind!

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

True, I was going by Jack's supposed release clause he has in his improved contract he signed only months ago bud.

I hope no one comes in for him, absolutely, while equally I am sure I have read somewhere it's either a non promotion release clause or just a minimum release clause around about the £40m+ range?

Someone correct me where I could be going wrong though.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, I was going by Jack's supposed release clause he has in his improved contract he signed only months ago bud.

I hope no one comes in for him, absolutely, while equally I am sure I have read somewhere it's either a non promotion release clause or just a minimum release clause around about the £40m+ range?

Someone correct me where I could be going wrong though.

Well we don’t know for sure the price of the clause. Anything said is speculation.

45 minutes ago, KMitch said:

As much as I'd hate to see Jack go, I think If we fail promotion, we can only hope a bidding war for Grealish starts and someone pays over the odds for him, it's always possible.

I agree with you the same of Jack can bank roll the club again to bring in expensive high quality players. Basically the owners would be able to splash abit and not get done by FFP.

As much as I think Jacks wants to play premier, I think he will be content to play with us a season ow two more yet, that's just me though. Any club coming for Jack is going to have to pay big, yet I don't see anyone coming for him now, spurs missed that chance for a cheap buy I think he's eith us for the foreseeable unless clubs come a knocking.

Edited by Dave-R

If we get promoted wouldn't spending £50m on Tammy Abraham be the modern equivalent of paying £50m for Guy Whittingham. 

No one should be paying £50m for anyone until they have a scoring record in the top flight. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If we get promoted wouldn't spending £50m on Tammy Abraham be the modern equivalent of paying £50m for Guy Whittingham. 

No one should be paying £50m for anyone until they have a scoring record in the top flight. 

I agree.

I wouldn't pay £50m for Tammy even if we could with ease.

He is unproven at PL still imo and anything above £30m would be a mad risk.

Â