Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

3 hours ago, eddiemunster said:

According to Sky Sports transfer centre, Adomah, Jedinak, Hutton, Whelan and Elphick were all on the agenda of a meeting last night, to discuss whether to give them a new contract or not, so we should hear something in relation to them soon.

Would be throughly deserved followed by a testimonial at the end of the season to give him a proper send off for what he has gave to this club stretching almost 10 years.

Interesting to see the various views on our squad, I would go with this...

Orjan Nyland - Keep, challenge for the number 1 shirt for a season.

Jed Steer - Keep, challenge for the number 1 shirt for a season. Starts with the shirt for me.

Kalinic - Keep, challenge for the number 1 shirt for a season.

Mark Bunn - Release - out of contract.

Micah Richards - Release - out of contract.

Neil Taylor - Keep, challenge a new left back for the starting spot.

Tommy Elphick - Release - out of contract.

James Chester - Keep

Ritchie De Laet - Release - out of contract.

Alan Hutton - Release - out of contract.

James Bree - Still only 21, loan to a Championship side.

Ahmed Elmohamady - Keep, challenge for the right back starting spot.

Frédéric Guilbert Keep, challenge for the right back starting spot. Starts with the shirt for me.

Aaron Tshibola - Sell or loan if no success.

Glenn Whelan - Keep, backup for the first team and experience in the dressing room.

Birkir Bjarnason - Sell.

Mile Jedinak - Release - out of contract.

Jack Grealish - Keep.

John McGinn - Keep.

Conor Hourihane - Keep.

Henri Lansbury - Sell. Seems like a Smith player so there may be a chance he will want to keep hold of him.

Gary Gardner - Sell.

Andre Green - Keep, challenge for the left wing starting spot.

Albert Adomah - Keep, think he is going to find it hard to retain his place in the side but worth retaining as a backup and dressing room experience.

Ross McCormack - Sell or loan if no success.

Callum O'Hare - Loan out at the highest level possible.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - Loan out at the highest level possible.

Kienan Davis - Loan out at the highest level possible.

Scott Hogan - Personally think we will sell, wouldn't surprise me to see him stay with Smith trying to get him back to his best.

Johnny Kodjia - Keep, challenge for first team position.

Of our group of players we have in on loan:

Tammy Abraham - Buy, unfortunately think he will remain at Chelsea.

Axel Tuanzebe - Buy, unfortunately think he will remain at Man Utd.

Kortney Hause - Buy, challenge for starting spot at centre back.

Anwar El Ghazi - Buy.

Tyrone Mings - Buy.

^^

pretty much agree other than

Andre Green   - Loan 

Orjan Nyland  sell / give away

Johnny Kodjia  - sell / give away

Albert Adomah  - sell / give away

I'd be tempted to buy a new keeper if money was no object , I don't think Steer is quite good enough  , even though he will always be loved for those 2 penalty saves v the baggies  , and I'm not a fan of Kalinic either , but for the money we spent on him I'd be surprised if he doesn't start as number 1  ...

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd be tempted to buy a new keeper if money was no object , I don't think Steer is quite good enough  , even though he will always be loved for those 2 penalty saves v the baggies  , and I'm not a fan of Kalinic either , but for the money we spent on him I'd be surprised if he doesn't start as number 1  ...

I agree.

If we happened to sell Nyland I would bring back Sam Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree.

If we happened to sell Nyland I would bring back Sam Johnstone.

I'm not sure we need three first choice keepers, that seems excessive. Steer will rightly think he should be given the chance to prove he can go up a level after what he's done, Kalanic will feel his transfer fee and reputation will allow him a shot at some stage, and Johnstone wouldn't join to just sit on the bench.

Look at all the top clubs, look at their 3rd choice keepers. Nobody has 3 vying for the same position, the third choice is either an old keeper/coach or a youngster being blooded in the U23's.

In fact, look at how Fulham messed around with their goalkeeping situation last year, they had three keepers and no idea which was their first choice.

I say we back Steer to start off with, and back Kalanic to step in if Steer does wobble. They are both good keepers. Have faith in them!

We have so much work to do in this transfer window, I see a goalkeeper way down on the list of priorities.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I'm not sure we need three first choice keepers, that seems excessive. Steer will rightly think he should be given the chance to prove he can go up a level after what he's done, Kalanic will feel his transfer fee and reputation will allow him a shot at some stage, and Johnstone wouldn't join to just sit on the bench.

Look at all the top clubs, look at their 3rd choice keepers. Nobody has 3 vying for the same position, the third choice is either an old keeper/coach or a youngster being blooded in the U23's.

In fact, look at how Fulham messed around with their goalkeeping situation last year, they had three keepers and no idea which was their first choice.

I say we back Steer to start off with, and back Kalanic to step in if Steer does wobble. They are both good keepers. Have faith in them!

We have so much work to do in this transfer window, I see a goalkeeper way down on the list of priorities.

I was only saying IF. LoL

Agree with most of your post and Steer is that man of the U23's who suddenly stepped up when our 2 keepers who do fight for number 1 got injured and he hasn't looked back. 

I am all for backing our keepers for sure. I am not filled with confidence by Nyland and we have not really seen much of Kallinic to be fair.

On the basis of IF, I would replace him with Johnstone who I think would be healthy in competition for places.

Who knows, by next season we may be in 4 cup competitions so having 3 quality keepers by then wouldn't hurt.

All if's and hindsights though.

58 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Interesting to see the various views on our squad, I would go with this...

Orjan Nyland - Keep, challenge for the number 1 shirt for a season.

Jed Steer - Keep, challenge for the number 1 shirt for a season. Starts with the shirt for me.

Kalinic - Keep, challenge for the number 1 shirt for a season.

Mark Bunn - Release - out of contract.

Micah Richards - Release - out of contract.

Neil Taylor - Keep, challenge a new left back for the starting spot.

Tommy Elphick - Release - out of contract.

James Chester - Keep

Ritchie De Laet - Release - out of contract.

Alan Hutton - Release - out of contract.

James Bree - Still only 21, loan to a Championship side.

Ahmed Elmohamady - Keep, challenge for the right back starting spot.

Frédéric Guilbert Keep, challenge for the right back starting spot. Starts with the shirt for me.

Aaron Tshibola - Sell or loan if no success.

Glenn Whelan - Keep, backup for the first team and experience in the dressing room.

Birkir Bjarnason - Sell.

Mile Jedinak - Release - out of contract.

Jack Grealish - Keep.

John McGinn - Keep.

Conor Hourihane - Keep.

Henri Lansbury - Sell. Seems like a Smith player so there may be a chance he will want to keep hold of him.

Gary Gardner - Sell.

Andre Green - Keep, challenge for the left wing starting spot.

Albert Adomah - Keep, think he is going to find it hard to retain his place in the side but worth retaining as a backup and dressing room experience.

Ross McCormack - Sell or loan if no success.

Callum O'Hare - Loan out at the highest level possible.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - Loan out at the highest level possible.

Kienan Davis - Loan out at the highest level possible.

Scott Hogan - Personally think we will sell, wouldn't surprise me to see him stay with Smith trying to get him back to his best.

Johnny Kodjia - Keep, challenge for first team position.

Of our group of players we have in on loan:

Tammy Abraham - Buy, unfortunately think he will remain at Chelsea.

Axel Tuanzebe - Buy, unfortunately think he will remain at Man Utd.

Kortney Hause - Buy, challenge for starting spot at centre back.

Anwar El Ghazi - Buy.

Tyrone Mings - Buy.

Agree with most but I'd;

Keep Lansbury, loan Green, sell/release Adomah and Taylor 

Think IF Lansbury can stay fit he's still got something to offer, Hause as back up LB/CB

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

^^

pretty much agree other than

Andre Green   - Loan 

Orjan Nyland  sell / give away

Johnny Kodjia  - sell / give away

Albert Adomah  - sell / give away

Someone is going to get a absolute bargain with Jack Butland this summer. 

I'd keep Kodjia. I can see him as a sub coming in when we are losing (and we will be more often than we're now used to) and scoring a few goals. He has skills to challenge premier league defenders and create chances for himself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Albert Adomah and Alan Hutton released then, and so the clear out has begun.

How do you know? Not doubting you, just haven't seen it reported anywhere. (edit.. I see its all over twitter, maybe I should go there before villa talk when I wake up lol) 

I don't see the point of handing out extensions to our old not so good players just to hold hands of our younger players as some are suggesting. Thanks and goodbye, let's build for the future. 

Edited by Junxs

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Looks like we are releasing players first then will be announcing extensions? 

Or is like an X-factor mash up in the waiting room 😂

I presume they have all been told - it's just Hutton and Albert's brother have chosen to make it somewhat public.

FWIW I think Whelan will get an extension and everyone else is gone.

15 hours ago, av1 said:

Someone is going to get a absolute bargain with Jack Butland this summer. 

He's going to cost silly money and I am not sure he has had that great of a season.

I thought he was destined for England No.1 a few years back but he seems to have lost a bit (or a lot)

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I presume they have all been told - it's just Hutton and Albert's brother have chosen to make it somewhat public.

Its possible, however you would of thought all those that have been released would have also announced so to alert any future perspective employers as early as possible? 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Whelan would get eaten alive in the Premier League

16 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Haha we had 3 first choice keepers in the end too 😂

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Whelan would get eaten alive in the Premier League

He's just an option for 20 minutes here and there at this point, and I think he will take that at 35/36. He's still got a bit about him, I don't think he is completely shot at this point like Hutton is.

He's a leader, a captain, massive experience, massive professional. For £20k-£30k in this age I think that is well worth the money.
I've heard a few people in that Stoke team say that if Glenn was still there he wouldn't have allowed the standards to slip as much as they have. He wouldn't have stood for it.

Â