Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

As I've posted in the McCormack thread:

This could be complete BS, but a guy I work with says that McCormack was paid off by Villa after he couldn't get a game at Motherwell. I work with a few people that drink at a place that McCormack often drinks in (shock), and this info has apparently come from people in that pub that know McCormack.

It sounds like tittle tattle, but it'd be great if true.

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

As I've posted in the McCormack thread:

This could be complete BS, but a guy I work with says that McCormack was paid off by Villa after he couldn't get a game at Motherwell. I work with a few people that drink at a place that McCormack often drinks in (shock), and this info has apparently come from people in that pub that know McCormack.

It sounds like tittle tattle, but it'd be great if true.

In my experience no one can be trusted more than a bloke from the pub!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's just an option for 20 minutes here and there at this point, and I think he will take that at 35/36. He's still got a bit about him, I don't think he is completely shot at this point like Hutton is.

He's a leader, a captain, massive experience, massive professional. For £20k-£30k in this age I think that is well worth the money.
I've heard a few people in that Stoke team say that if Glenn was still there he wouldn't have allowed the standards to slip as much as they have. He wouldn't have stood for it.

I'd give Whelan a years extension too. Think he could prove useful in this transition year.

Wheelan is worthy of another year for sure. He has proved in the latter stages of this season his value to the squad and seems to get the Smith way of doing things, and he still seems fit. Players like him have a place in the premier league, even if it is for the grinding out of results against teams towards the bottom end of the table. Not a starter, but he stays for me. 

I said it earlier that Whelan deserves another year....he is a model pro too...in early to training, leaving late etc.  A good example to the younger players we may recruit. 

2 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I said it earlier that Whelan deserves another year....he is a model pro too...in early to training, leaving late etc.  A good example to the younger players we may recruit. 

I also think whelan and jedinak should get another 12 months on reduced terms.

Not to play (Maybe if we are desperate at some point), but mostly to help maintain the continuity and culture we have built as a club the last 12 month's with all the new players that will be coming in

They are both top professionals and would be good for the culture of the club in our transition imo.

Add them to people like Grealish and Mings and that a a good core to keep standards high and maintain the togetherness and culture in the group I think.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, Demitri_C said:

So far all the releases have been  correct. But surely Richards should have been first? 

Might have to do with some insurance thing if we are trying to pass him off as a crock and are trying to get some money back?

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Might have to do with some insurance thing if we are trying to pass him off as a crock and are trying to get some money back?

Think it is, Im sure I read somewhere we will get more money if we waited out his contract than terminating early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

That's 4 now then that seem to be confirmed as leaving (Hutton, Adomah, Elphick and Jedinak).

They are, in my books, complete professionals. All 4 have at times been criticised for various reasons and good ones at that, but never their attitude. I thank them all for the service to this club through a very testing time and they have been wonderful in their own way. Whilst they will not be up there with the true Villa legends, in my eyes at least, they will not be forgotten and I thank them for everything that they have done for this club. 

Micah Richards too? Although haven't seen anything to confirm that yet 

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Micah Richards too? Although haven't seen anything to confirm that yet 

I haven't included him and he doesn't count in my sentiments. His departure hasn't been confirmed neither, though it is certainly inevitable. Those 4 that I have mentioned, whilst not officially,  through different sources have stated that they are leaving.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So that's roughly £130.000/w off the books.

Wonderful!

Add Richards, Bunn, de Last and we'll be at around £200k a week. £10m a season.

Now need to sell a few of the fringe/loaned out players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Looks like Jedi is off

First touch scoring the first penalty in the semi against the baggies makes him a **** legend in my eyes. Just the biggest balls.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I Shall never forget when he came on against Tesco and his first touch of the ball was THAT penalty and then the death stare.....

just a top, top quality moment.....

neat me to it! I was a page back, but just amazing from him that. There's only a very small percentage of players you could bring on at that point, make them the first pen taker and then they do that. Set the tone immediately.

27 minutes ago, romavillan said:

neat me to it! I was a page back, but just amazing from him that. There's only a very small percentage of players you could bring on at that point, make them the first pen taker and then they do that. Set the tone immediately.

Don't disagree with the wider point, it was our second penalty though. Hourihane went first

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New_Hope said:

No room for sentiment, doesn't really have the legs for the Premier League, did very well this season but time to move on, you don't really extend contracts for 'model pro' behaviours, Smith and co are already instilling that in the team.

• Like 2

Â