VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

Designer Luigi Colani passed away on Monday aged 91.

Ferrari

2282be64f08d2dacd8951baf51109ac5.jpg.6998fa083cbc21cf913e37cd84b5a99a.jpg

:thumb: Reminded me of the Peugeot Oxia from my childhood, minus the sulky lower lip.

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Inevitable that he'd go this year, unfortunately.

Yep, you 'battle' cancer.  You 'battle' many things.  You don't battle MND.  You just wait.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Absolutely horrific disease.

Horrific at the best of times, but the frustration must be further intensified when you come from a background of (at least partially) using your physicality for a living.

I mentioned on here before, a friend of mine died of MND a couple of years back. He was the captain of our running club men's team, probably the fittest and toughest guy (both physically and mentally) I've ever known. Cruel fate. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I mentioned on here before, a friend of mine died of MND a couple of years back. He was the captain of our running club men's team, probably the fittest and toughest guy (both physically and mentally) I've ever known. Cruel fate. 

That must be an incredibly difficult thing to deal with.

My grandad was a farmer and lost over half his lung capacity towards the end of his life. He was very frustrated the whole time, but luckily it only took about 6 months to go from first diagnosis to him passing away. I know it sounds brutal, but seeing his difficulties moving to that from such an active and self sufficient lifestyle it was definitely a mercy compared to a slow degeneration.

Sir Michael Edwardes, 88

Former boss of British Leyland and key in transforming them in the late 70's (aka - delaying the inevitable!)

By the end of his five years at BL, he had almost halved the workforce and closed 19 out of 55 plants, but the company still produced 80% as many cars as before, and new models were also being launched. Jaguar was revitalised, though Triumph and MG shut down. It came at a cost – £1.5bn of losses charged, to Thatcher’s chagrin, to the taxpayer. But he rescued more of the company than anyone could have expected, and even his union critics credited him with a determination to do his best for the company

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/18/sir-michael-edwardes-obituary

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

And only through the news of his death have I been informed that he'll be making one last appearance as Captain Spalding.

Yep, 3 From Hell is his last (very brief) appearance.

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Claimed a few months ago that he wasn't ill, which is never a good sign.

RIP

He was rushed to ICU a few weeks back, his wife posted on Instagram and asked everyone to keep him in their thoughts, she gave an update just about a week ago and said that he was demanding food and drink and just generally being very grumpy which was a sure sign he was on his way to recovering. 

Rob Zombie also said a while back that he couldn't have Sid as a main character in 3 from hell because Sid was basically nothing more than skin and bones. 

Shame but he was 80 so the big man didn't have a bad innings 

Â