VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I mentioned Rhodesia in a thread last night as well ... just in case it’s some sort of magic power I have 

Islington North , Islington North , Islington North

Islington North doesn't have a former name for you to invoke your powers

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

**** off Mugabe you word removed.

Couldn't die last year when I picked you. Representative for Wellingborough.

I've had him in the past too. Vera Lynn will cark it soon enough just to really piss me off

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Islington North doesn't have a former name for you to invoke your powers

Islington was originally named by the Saxons Giseldone (1005), then Gislandune (1062). The name means "Gīsla's hill" from the Old English personal name Gīsla and dun ("hill", "down").

Wikipedia

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Vera Lynn

Just watched her on youtube.  👍🏻😪.  It's all good until you think of all the people in the war who didn't meet again.

Some people's impact,  you just can't comprehend or quantify but I think she was important for many reasons and still is for many.

What an amazing woman.  

21 minutes ago, bickster said:
43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I mentioned Rhodesia in the pub last night as well ... just in case it’s some sort of magic power I have 

Islington North , Islington North , Islington North

Islington North doesn't have a former name for you to invoke your powers hahahahahahaha

Image result for bottom bench

You 2 😃.  Bonkers.  

Bick is Rick I guess ?

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Haha 1

On 31/12/2018 at 15:36, Xela said:

Fresh from 2 last year (George HW Bush & Stephen Hawking), here are my new 'victims'

Paul Gascoigne

Clive James

Phil the Greek

Robert Mugabe

Kirk Douglas

On 31/12/2018 at 15:42, bickster said:

Apart from Gazza the other 4 are immortal!

Eventually the grim reaper will come!

I'll lose no sleep over Mugabe's death. The SAS should have put a bullet in his head 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2019 at 14:52, choffer said:

My late list:

Mugabe, Robert

The Greek, Philip (gotta be this year)

Spector, Phil

Cosby, William

King, Donald

I knew Mugabe would do the decent thing eventually after being on my list for the last four years. 

• Like 1

There was a very interesting piece on Mugabe on R4 this morning, by some British bloke who knew him from the early days. He said he was a highly intelligent bloke, and at the start an absolute hero for his country. But the combination of his mad wife and the 'power corrupts' factor totally did his head in, to the point of becoming a complete monster. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Chester Williams, the only black player in the South African 1995 rugby World Cup winning team has died at only 49. 

He paved the way for the inclusion of black players in the national team. 

Cracking player 

Noooooo. :o

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There was a very interesting piece on Mugabe on R4 this morning, by some British bloke who knew him from the early days. He said he was a highly intelligent bloke, and at the start an absolute hero for his country. But the combination of his mad wife and the 'power corrupts' factor totally did his head in, to the point of becoming a complete monster. 

Yeah I’ve heard something similar to this before about him .

when I went to Zim a few years back he was still President but the locals were openly talking ill of him something I got the impression  that would have previously been unthinkable for fear of reprisals  , sounds daft but you could almost sense he was on the way out as President just the general vibe in the air ....he stepped down a month or so later 

I was offered a hundred trillion dollar note when I was there , legacy of the damage Mugabee had caused to the place...  value  about 60p in our money ... credit to the bloke trying to sell it to me he wanted $30 for it , i passed but he was selling loads 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah - it was his wife wot did it.

• Like 1

Singer songwriter, and artist, Daniel Johnston has died of a heart attack, aged 58. His music would probably leave most leave cold, but to me he was a genius. I'll cherish the two occasions I saw him play live. 

RIP 😥

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Singer songwriter, and artist, Daniel Johnston has died of a heart attack, aged 58. His music would probably leave most leave cold, but to me he was a genius. I'll cherish the two occasions I saw him play live. 

RIP 😥

Not a fan but I could see why people were

• Like 1

Â