VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

David Hedison, of Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea fame, gone at 92

david-hedison-getty-images-20065589.jpeg

Used to love that. Especially the opening voiceover that said it was set "sometime in the early 1970s" - which I thought was almost unimaginably futuristic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Damn it that's actually upset me. Absolute icon for me since my early teens.

R.I.P.

So many iconic films... Bladerunner being the obvious one but really have a soft spot for Flesh & Blood, The Hitcher and Blind Fury (a classic!) 

even Wedlock was a great romp. 

Gutted :( 

• Like 1

Newsthump as usual with a lovely obit.

Rutger Hauer, like his greatest and most memorable creation, has died in 2019.

Roy Batty alone would be enough to cement Hauer as an actor with a stunning legacy; an apparently simple character given layers of depth and honesty rarely equalled in cinema – an achievement made all the more remarkable by his greatest moment being ad-libbed.

Batty was by no means his only creation; in an acting career which lasted decades and moved from Dutch independent cinema to Hollywood and back, he created murderous psychopaths, twisted businessmen and unlikely heroes all given life by a low voice as hard as steel, and piercing blue eyes.

He could convey horror and hate and fear or hope with a change of expression so subtle it barely registered or with a physicality which dominated the screen even against far more famous – and often better paid – actors.

But it is to Roy Batty that any recognition of Hauer’s life must return, and to one of the greatest moments of death in any story.

Because in a few moments Hauer showed in simple, timeless words and gestures that no matter how short life is, it is precious, and to be seized and valued for what it can be – and in the final analysis the greatest things are kindness and humanity.

What a legacy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

So many iconic films... Bladerunner being the obvious one but really have a soft spot for Flesh & Blood, The Hitcher and Blind Fury (a classic!) 

even Wedlock was a great romp. 

Gutted :( 

Don't forget he put a grenade in Gene Simmons' gob in Wanted Dead or Alive. Imagine how many people have wanted to do that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nick Walusko, AKA Nicky Wonder, gone at 59.

Co founder of The Wondermints and Brian Wilson's studio and touring guitarist for 20 years.

Â