VillaTalk Deadpool 2019

Xela

Philippe Zdar (52) dies after fall

Philippe Zdar - one half of French dance duo Cassius - dies after accidental fall from apartment building

D9e9cz9WsAA-Mv7.jpg?fit=800,533&ssl=1

FRENCH DJ AND producer Philippe Cerboneschi, one half of of the French dance duo Cassius, has been killed after an accidental fall in Paris.

Cerboneschi, who was also known as Philippe Zdar, died after falling from the window of an apartment building in the French capital, according to BBC, who quoted his agent.

“He made an accidental fall, through the window of a high floor of a Parisian building,” Sebastien Farran reportedly said.

Born in 1967, Cerboneschi formed Cassius with Hubert Blanc-Francard (also known as Boombass) in the late 1980s.

The group rose to prominence on the Paris electronic music scene alongside groups including Daft Punk, and produced songs remixes for a diverse range of groups such as Air, Phoenix, the Beastie Boys and Franz Ferdinand.

Tributes were paid to Zdar on social media: Scottish producer Calvin Harris described news of his death has “awful”; Canadian electro-funk duo Chromeo said they were “devastated”; and producer The Black Madonna called him a “visionary and tectonic force who shaped the geography of modern dance music”.

Billy Drago, 73. Always played the villain in virtually every 80's TV show and B movie

Edited by rjw63

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I figured as much

Fwiw her husband Dog the bounty hunter is possibly the ugliest human on earth.

He looks a mix between Chuck Norris, an 80's WWF Wrestler and a sun dried tomato

• Haha 3

There was a lad in my year at school who looked just like Alfred E. Neuman. His name was Simon, but everybody called him Alf. One of his mates once phoned him at home, and asked his mum "Is Simon in?", only to hear her shout "ALF! It's for you!" 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There was a lad in my year at school who looked just like Alfred E. Neuman.

The mother drinking through pregnancy or Williams Syndrome can cause that look.

I wonder if anyone under (say) 40 would find this humour amusing today. EG. Next weeks meeting of the clairvoyant society has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. Marlon Brando re-named Marlon Spike, A reporter with a little card in his hat band saying 'Push' etc etc

On 31/12/2018 at 19:26, AvfcRigo82 said:

John McCrirrick

Sadly it has been on the cards for a couple of years so it was my deadpool banker really.

Still, the man will always be a legend in my eyes.

RIP Big Mac.

Â