Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

3 minutes ago, hooter said:

Odd performance, not obvious to me why you seem to think you are nailed on with no defence to speak of, butmaybe defence is so 2017 ?

I don't think anyone thinks we are nailed on.

We have high hopes, not based on this game but with the hope that we buy a new defence and goalie in January

Just now, villan-scott said:

Controversial, but Abraham hasn’t been great that half despite the 3 goals. Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted he’s got the goals, but his all round game is below his usual tonight. 

I think all aside from Bolasie are below their best right now.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

I don't think anyone thinks we are nailed on.

We have high hopes, not based on this game but with the hope that we buy a new defence and goalie in January

He's literally making it up, I don't know a single fan who thinks we're "nailed on", it's a total nonsense made up by an attention seeker. 

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

This game has solidified that offensively we are the real deal.

However because our style is risky we are also conceding a lot through the middle.

I am concerned about our defence especially for this 6/7 game run in that we are about to embark on.

I'd back Smith to come up with a plan to sort it. He might even pull a rabbit out the hat for the second half. Another man in midfield might do it, O'Hare? Doyle-Hayes?

Man we are so good going forward, such a huge improvement in entertainment levels in such a short space of time. We are very open without any defensive midfielders but I'm happy to have high scoring entertaining games for a change. We need to do everything we can to sign Tuanzebe and Abraham. 

• Like 1