Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Definitely weren't hard done by, the free kicks happened because they were about to get really good chances, Cash was lucky to stay on and Saints player was heading into the box when Dougie fouled. Just because they were free kicks doesnt mean they were lucky, they created those very dangerous chances to earn them. Ings goal was with ridiculous ease that they were able to break with 3-4 players after Barkley's lazy pass. We weren't playing terrible on the ball but off the ball the midfield was really struggling for an hour.

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

Is he allergic to using all of his subs during games? I honestly don't understand why he consistently doesn't use all of his subs. 

He clearly doesn’t rate his bench.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Definitely weren't hard done by, the free kicks happened because they were about to get really good chances, Cash was lucky to stay on and Saints player was heading into the box when Dougie fouled. Just because they were free kicks doesnt mean they were lucky, they created those very dangerous chances to earn them. Ings goal was with ridiculous ease that they were able to break with 3-4 players after Barkley's lazy pass. We weren't playing terrible on the ball but off the ball the midfield was really struggling for an hour.

Agreed but how often do teams get punished by them? We got punished twice in the same game. That isn't something that usually happens.  

• Like 1

Yes we improved second half, but the match was won, over completely.

Utterly terrible from Smith and the second half shouldn't paper over the cracks. We can't just completely capitulate and throw in the towel like we did AGAIN today.

Yes we're in a good position after 6 games, but I guess the last 2 games are more likely to shape our season (very reminscent of last season). We played out of our skin against Liverpool, a great, solid professional vs Leicester. Sheffield United was poor; today and Leeds were pathetic. Fulham were there for the taking and we gave them a lot of chnaces to get back into the game.

I'm really pissed off at the lack of fight and desire especially after the Leeds debacle. This has to be firmly on the manager, if he can't motivate them,  nor get to compete then get someone in who will. 

The scoreline, and the fact that they scored 4 from 4 shots should absolutely not discolour the pathetic effort and capitulation. It's simply just not good enough and if we have any more spells like this and Leeds I want serious questions being asked of Smith

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Jonah and Villalad agreeing with something, anything........ in the Dean Smith thread?!?!?!? 

what is this wtf GIF

I am harsh but fair ;) 

I saw a lot of good today so i will applaud it.

Against Leeds i saw a lot of bad stuff so i criticized.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

3-4 flattered us in my opinion 

massively! Smith deserves a hell of a lot of critiscm for overseeing the 2 consecutive awful performances that saw us concede 7 goals in a row at home.

The second half performance (when game was completely over and won) shouldn't disguise the gutless capitulations and the lack of desire, fight and belief.

I love the guy for what he's done for us, however this familair facet of our performances and the woeful defending aren't new things they are happening over and over again throughout his reign here. Also his reluntance to drop (or even substitute) his favourites should also be structinised.

Yes agree we're in a great position after 6 games, but a few more of these capitulations and he would deserve to be under massive pressure

Edited by commander

It's hard to not be critical when you concede 3 in one half and aren't on the front foot after the break then concede another, BUT they more or less scored on every shot they had. 

We might have been outplayed first half and had stupid personal errors  but when a team converts EVERY single shot they take, then it gets hard. We didn't have any luck today. Should way up for our luck against RS. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, commander said:

massively! Smith needs deserves a hell of a lot of critiscm for overseeing the 2 awful performances that saw us concede 7 goals in succession at home. The second half performance (when game was completely over and won) shouldn't disguise the gutless capitulations and the lack of desire, fight and belief. This facet of our performances and the woeful defending aren't new things they are happening over and over again.

His reluntance to drop (or even substitute) his favourites should also be structinised. 

Yes agree we're in a great position after 6 games, but a few more of these capitulations and he would deserve to be under massive pressure

With all due respect who do you accredit for the first 4 games and the last 4 games of last season? 

We have one genuinely world class player the rest are midtable to lower level premiership players and Barkley and Luiz who are very talented but inconsistent. 

Inconsistent results and performances are going to happen until we have a top level squad.

Edited by Sulberto21

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

With all due respect who do you accredit for the first 4 games and the last 4 games of last season? 

We have one genuinely world class player the rest are midtable to lower level premiership players and Barkley and Luiz who are very talented but inconsistent. 

I've tweaked the wording as I probably didn't explain it well enough. YEs he deserves credit for keeping us up and for te great start, but as much as he needs credit for those he needs critiscm for the capituation and complete lack of fight and desire. 

Agree that our players aren't the greatest (but I think most peole would take our squad over Leeds or Southampton? I certainly would) but there appears to be no repercusion of poor performances.

52 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not immediately after, no. What's he supposed to do? 

It's not about that one particular instance, it's the team's mentality as a whole. Both times we've gone behind this season we've just completely lost it.

• Like 1

Â