Dean Smith

Demitri_C

It’s going to take time to get the right players to play the right system.  And then it’ll take time for those players to settle into the system.

this is why it is imperative that we allow a manager time to work with the team, and not to call for his head too soon.

i must admit, playing out from the back with our current crop of defenders scares the crap out of me.

40 minutes ago, Thug said:

It’s going to take time to get the right players to play the right system.  And then it’ll take time for those players to settle into the system.

this is why it is imperative that we allow a manager time to work with the team, and not to call for his head too soon.

i must admit, playing out from the back with our current crop of defenders scares the crap out of me.

It's gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It's gonna take patience and time, mm-mmm
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it
To do it right, child
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So those who wanted him sacked... happy with him now? Mildly content? Waiting to pounce the next time we lose? All of the above? (confusingly) 

Bit early saying that. Don't you think?

Let's see where we are at Christmas. Dean has deserved another shot after keeping us up last season.

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Early days I know as only 3 competitive games in but over those 3 games we must have used 20 odd players and to a man they have all had a spot on attitude and put a real shift in which all bodes well for the team spirt, work ethic and professionalism within the squad. The manager has stated a few times, and John Terry did again after last nights game, that competition with in the squad has seen training go up a notch and I think that is showing on the pitch.

We are now 7 games unbeaten conceding just 3 goals over those 7 games. It has been quite the turnaround from a squad that a dozen or so games ago looked absolutely shot. I know he was helped by the enforced break but full credit to Smith for looking at himself and reassessing what he was doing and transmitting that to at the moment getting the best of pretty much every player certainly in terms of effort and working as a team.

We got 6 points out of 6 in the season we got relegated.

Yes it's way too early jumping to conclusions.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You sure about that? 

Nevermind that was under Lambert.

Well we won our first game at least.

Point still stands. Way too early jumping to conclusions.

After 10 games i'm expecting us to at least have 10 points.

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nevermind that was under Lambert.

Well we won our first game at least.

Point still stands. Way too early jumping to conclusions.

After 10 games i'm expecting us to at least have 10 points.

Looking at the next 9 games 10 would be reasonable but I think we could achieve 12-15 

Agree it’s way too early to judge.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

27 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Early days I know as only 3 competitive games in but over those 3 games we must have used 20 odd players and to a man they have all had a spot on attitude and put a real shift in which all bodes well for the team spirt, work ethic and professionalism within the squad. The manager has stated a few times, and John Terry did again after last nights game, that competition with in the squad has seen training go up a notch and I think that is showing on the pitch.

We are now 7 games unbeaten conceding just 3 goals over those 7 games. It has been quite the turnaround from a squad that a dozen or so games ago looked absolutely shot. I know he was helped by the enforced break but full credit to Smith for looking at himself and reassessing what he was doing and transmitting that to at the moment getting the best of pretty much every player certainly in terms of effort and working as a team.

Exactly what I've been saying. If we can get 2/3 more in then I believe we'll be comfortable this season in terms of relegation etc. I think we're good enough to finish top of our mini league from 12th onwards. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Really deserves credit for our record against lower league teams since he came in (I know we lost to Fulham in the FA Cup last year, but if we're honest the gap between the top of the champ and bottom of the prem isn't all that great). A few years ago you were guaranteed to make money betting on us to lose against lower placed teams in the League cup, but our run to the final last year was impressive and we've made an excellent start this year. With Stoke in the next round we have every chance of a good cup run again this year, I'm feeling very positive after last night.

On 25/09/2020 at 04:44, Sulberto21 said:

Exactly what I've been saying. If we can get 2/3 more in then I believe we'll be comfortable this season in terms of relegation etc. I think we're good enough to finish top of our mini league from 12th onwards. 

Looks pretty clear now this isn't going to happen, so I would guess you think we won't be comfortable?

If so, I'm afraid I agree with you.

Â