Dean Smith

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Much improved but attack has suffered greatly.

Again. He doesn't seem to be able to find the middle ground.

Attack has suffered because of poor players. 

Plenty of games since lockdown, we've created very good chances that have been missed.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Attack has suffered because of poor players. 

Plenty of games since lockdown, we've created very good chances that have been missed.

Shouldn't Dean be coaching shooting though? Lining them up like school kids and making them shoot at the poor bloke stood in goal? Bloody dean, can't even coach shooting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There is a saying you make your own luck in football.

Well coached teams find ways of winning football games.

There is a quote for everything. And people like you will say anything to fit your narrative. It's very transparent.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don't know about the Liverpool game as I felt they had us at arms length. Against United I was thinking we can do something here. Then we were cheated but our players dropped their heads.

It's as I've said all along unless we can get someone better than Smith he stays. 

Marcelo Gallardo, Rafa Benitez, Marco Rose, wouldn't have minded Schmidt but I understand he's moving elsewhere.

Their goal at half time came from a free kick I think that we had just outside their penalty area. Samatta got the ball at about the six yard line—his first touch knocked it about two metres in the wrong direction and they broke and scored. That goal was the other way a lack of quality up front hurts us...our striker, who loses the ball a lot, lost the ball in a good position and they went and scored. (Er I hope I'm remembering all this right).

Yesterday, there were positions other teams would definitely have shots from, but Samatta and Trezeguet miscontrolled/lost the ball then Everton had breaks other teams would have punished. Davis needs to start both these next two games if just for the reason he doesn't lose the ball in the same way.

Edited by Rolta

The fact that we are creating a lot of chances, conceeding a lot, takes lead a lot, but end up collapsing. All of this is very symptomatic of a young and raw team. We can develop from this methinks, unfortunately the PL is pretty unforgiving and us coming up as the runt of the litter through play offs is kinda indicative at where we are quality wise. 

We should be better than we are with the money we spent, but we never managed to replace Tammy unfortunately. 

We'll get it right, but it won't be through more managerial replacements. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Their goal at half time came from a free kick I think that we had just outside their penalty area. Samatta got the ball at about the six yard line—his first touch knocked it about two metres in the wrong direction and they broke and scored. That goal was the other way a lack of quality up front hurts us...our striker, who loses the ball a lot, lost the ball in a good position and they went and scored. (Er I hope I'm remembering all this right).

Yesterday, there were positions other teams would definitely have shots from, but Samatta and Trezeguet miscontrolled/lost the ball then Everton had breaks other teams would have punished. Davis needs to start both these next two games if just for the reason he doesn't lose the ball in the same way.

Yesterday was a total shit show until Davis came on. Samatta and Trez cost us the win yesterday. We were in so many great positions those two messed it up. In fact I'd get an inquiry into match fixing. Surely they can't be that bad unless it's deliberate??? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I stand by my point we could quite easily go into another PL season, with on paper a worse defence than we have now. 

We could also go into another season with a better one. Until we see who is bought and sold we dont know. None of our current defenders is definate PL quality, Mings has had international call ups but he lacks discipline to stay in position and makes a couple of shocking decisions each game. A further year of playing together where they are not getting rogered every game may work wonders.

37 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Shouldn't Dean be coaching shooting though? Lining them up like school kids and making them shoot at the poor bloke stood in goal? Bloody dean, can't even coach shooting.

Even with that I expect most of our forwards would still miss.

Baggies bottling it.

Looking like Brentford will get promoted through the automatic spots now.

Smith leaving blessing in disguise for them. Sorted out their defense. Scoring a lot of goals. And most importantly, winning mentality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Baggies bottling it.

Looking like Brentford will get promoted through the automatic spots now.

Smith leaving blessing in disguise for them. Sorted out their defense. Scoring a lot of goals. And most importantly, winning mentality.

Wow any excuse to have a pop at Smith. So bitter.

Theres a championship thread you know....

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Steer was loaned out for the season = second choice ok chief 

Do you not think Steer was second choice? When Heaton got injured, it was Steer that replaced him.

Pretty obvious he was second choice imo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Do you not think Steer was second choice? When Heaton got injured, it was Steer that replaced him.

Pretty obvious he was second choice imo

No 2nd choice doesn't get loaned out for the season - think that's quite easy to understand 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

This is why I'm in the replace Dean Smith with better if available camp. Rafa Benitez with our finances will take on the top 6 and get us close. He's a ruthless 'proverbial' and he wouldn't allow us to be weak against the top 6. Even Norwich have managed 4 points more than us.

Ec5QE2BWAAEB7op.jpeg

That’s truly depressing. Especially when you think about some of the good positions we found ourselves in. Even more depressing is the fact that we used to be one of the big six!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonVillian said:

No 2nd choice doesn't get loaned out for the season - think that's quite easy to understand 

He was loaned out by a different manager as well iirc.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smith has to be replaced. He’s not the right manager for us.

Knew you’d come around 😉

Â