Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, jim said:

When is the time? When we are cut adrift in the bottom 3? 

Now is the perfect time, international break. Two weeks to get a new manager in to turn this around. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Smith can turn this around. A spirited 6 minutes in the second half doesn’t cut it sorry.

I'll be sure to let you know when I think it is, Jim, but now isn't it. I don't see a good candidate right now who's realistically obtainable either. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We're in free fall buddy. 

We need to change or we are heading down. 

Yeah I know what you mean and sometimes I agree, I want him gone, then I think again. 

Look if there's a replacement we have that's better, that we can get, then I'd go for it now.

But at the moment I can't see who that is. 

I would love him to turn out around, do I think he can? Probably not... But who can we get in now that would be so much better? 

Edited by richp999

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I very much disagree here.

Then you are wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on Smith but there is an underlying theme in those who have defended him that they are somehow the only ones who see the context of what he is spent. Frankly it is nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Ah we are at the “make things up” point of the discussion are we. I’ve never said anything remotely close to that re Potter.

No you did say exactly that t'other day, the only manager you want is Potter - 100% Potter nobody else. I will go find it unless you've scrubbed it using your mod powers. 

2 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Wow so we have to respect him when he sets up poorly and picks wrong team, whys this because he's a villa fan.

OK dad I'll fall in line I respect Dean Smith. Bet he wishes you were his boss he has a job for life regardless of performance.

You can still show respect even if you don't agree. You don't have to throw insults. Hahaha.....Don't worry, you definitely ain't one of mine or you wouldn't be an imbecile. Kid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'd currently also stab an accusatory finger at the recruitment of Buendia - our record signing - the guy has not shown he is premier league yet

Yea the specific players is questionable but also the actual positions and priorities made. We seemed to sign individuals rather than signing players with an 11 in mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Then you are wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on Smith but there is an underlying theme in those who have defended him that they are somehow the only ones who see the context of what he is spent. Frankly it is nonsense.

I didn’t say only the people who defend Smith can see the context.

I believe there are some who choose to ignore it.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Twenty two, I believe.

Not including loans.

This, we've made 31 signings in total. But not counting signing Mings on loan then Mings permanent as 2 separate signings. 

8 minutes ago, villan501 said:

What abuse????????? I'm stating my opinion he's not upto the job now I didn't say he hasn't done a good job before I'm talking about now.

We're going backwards we're meant to be moving forward the performances are getting worse

The post I quoted you was you responding to someone saying he doesn't deserve abuse and should get respect for what he's done.

I wasn't saying that you personally were abusing him but you were quite clearly going against that he should be treated with respect when you are reducing him to the poor results. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think the moment that filled me with the most despair is, with that £340m number in my mind, I saw us bringing on Keinan Davis. A man who I wouldn't trust to score if he was plonked onto a pitch with 50 balls and no other players.

Sadly this sums it up. After where we've come from we resort to sticking on the big man with 50p feet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, string28 said:

Dean looks like he knows whats coming sad but i dont just blame dean for this all of them are so i hope its not just dean that goes.

Take Shakespeare, Danks and McPhee with him.

We've looked a shambles since the latter two came in the door imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I didn’t say only the people who defend Smith can see the context.

I believe there are some who choose to ignore it.

I don’t, I think they think we should be better than we are for the money spent, I think they are right.

• Like 2

Â