Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

If we carry on playing the way we are with no fight, I can't see us winning another game. West Ham at least look like they are trying as are Norwich, we are just so so poor, an have just carried our form from before the lock down. That's why I have no faith in Smith, he has no idea at the moment how to turn us around, an hasn't for a while.

See i'm watching both West Ham and Norwich, and think they are as poor as us.  We are just so poor but so are they hence why we are all down here.  I dont see any fight in West Ham, especially West Ham as they have some really good players, better than us but they have no fight in them. 

Norwich?  I'm not even going to take you serious on that, they have literally been 19th from the beginning of October to 20th since we beat them on Boxing Day.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Sadly we ain't playing Rotherham, Bolton and Wigan this season.

It's hard though to have a proper debate with you on this topic as you've never like Dean Smith.  I think your expectations are too high at any point.  When you are a mid table team in the Championship is different to being a PL team.  He got us promoted which you didnt think he'd achieve, we got to a cup final.  If we survive relegation we will have achieved this seasons target.  We may or may not achieve that but if we do you will not give Dean any credit and will slaughter him if we are relegated.  You look for only the negatives with Smith because you've never liked him from the start. 

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It's hard though to have a proper debate with you on this topic as you've never like Dean Smith.  I think your expectations are too high at any point.  When you are a mid table team in the Championship is different to being a PL team.  He got us promoted which you didnt think he'd achieve, we got to a cup final.  If we survive relegation we will have achieved this seasons target.  We may or may not achieve that but if we do you will not give Dean any credit and will slaughter him if we are relegated.  You look for only the negatives with Smith because you've never liked him from the start. 

For the record I also never wanted Dean Smith in. However if by any miracle we stay up ( we wont) He deserves to be given a second season with a few changes. He needs to bring in Champions League quality strength and conditioning coaches. He has to bring in a proper number 2 or more experienced Premier League coaches because Terry is being groomed for his own job. Terry as an apprentice coach is fine as a number 2 no no no especially when Smith himself is unexperienced at the top level.

Naturally I want someone like Marcelo Gallardo who I have followed closely since Lambert came in and bottled it.

A team is an extension of the manager our team seems meek and soft like Smith. What he needs to do is get his todger out and wave it about and say I'm the boss you will do as you're told. Then the players will wave their todgers on the pitch and start winning games.

Obviously I don't mean literally that's just illegal. I mean go in to the dressing room and by extension the pitch and own that mother****! 

Edited by Sulberto21

20 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

For the record I also never wanted Dean Smith in. However if by any miracle we stay up ( we wont) He deserves to be given a second season with a few changes. He needs to bring in Champions League quality strength and conditioning coaches. He has to bring in a proper number 2 or more experienced Premier League coaches because Terry is being groomed for his own job. Terry as an apprentice coach is fine as a number 2 no no no especially when Smith himself is unexperienced at the top level.

Naturally I want someone like Marcelo Gallardo who I have followed closely since Lambert came in and bottled it.

A team is an extension of the manager our team seems meek and soft like Smith. What he needs to do is get his todger out and wave it about and say I'm the boss you will do as you're told. Then the players will wave their todgers on the pitch and start winning games.

Obviously I don't mean literally that's just illegal. I mean go in to the dressing room and by extension the pitch and own that mother****! 

you can't turn a struggling manager into a good one by beefing up his coaching staff. Its that sort of thinking that has stiffled us since MON left.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

you can't turn a struggling manager into a good one by beefing up his coaching staff. Its that sort of thinking that has stiffled us since MON left.

The coaching staff are they to follow the manager's instructions and idea's .You could bring in better coaches who have new training idea's drills etc but if Smith in our case wants to play a certain way ,a certain formation and pick certain players then no change of coaching staff is going to have a drastic effect.In our case Smith himself does the coaching on the training ground so bringing in other coaches won't change alot IMO 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nabby said:

The coaching staff are they to follow the manager's instructions and idea's .You could bring in better coaches who have new training idea's drills etc but if Smith in our case wants to play a certain way ,a certain formation and pick certain players then no change of coaching staff is going to have a drastic effect.In our case Smith himself does the coaching on the training ground so bringing in other coaches won't change alot IMO 

Exactly.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Sadly we ain't playing Rotherham, Bolton and Wigan this season.

And don’t have one of the best teams in the league either.

I think he has to go at the end of the season. We've looked pretty clueless for a while now and I can't see him turning it around. I don't think our squad is particularly good, but they all look like they're not really sure what they're supposed to be doing at times. 

Edited by PieFacE

31 minutes ago, useless said:

He might go before the weekend if we lose tomorrow and put in another lacklustre performance.

I'd be staggered if that happened. Confirmed relegation at the earliest imo.

I still think there is a high probability he starts next season.

If we lose tomorrow I can see them looking at each other and saying 'we've got to do something, anything's worth a go, otherwise we're down for sure'... Would probably mean Terry taking over until the end of the season, as not sure if there would be time to bring in another stop gap manager.

Of all the teams down there we look the least likely to fluke a win. Just because we can't deal with pressure for a full match without someone making a mistake or switching off.

How Terry and Smith haven't managed to coach a solid back 4 is beyond me.

Edited by jacketspuds

I just don’t get what type of manager and what his philosophy is this season and we've got worse, less cohesive and sluggish month on month. we are devoid of ideas other give the ball to Jack or Mings nonchalant hoofball. El Ghazi and Trez aren’t great at crossing and invariably run into blind corners losing possession so we don’t play to Samatta’s strengths. It’s just a mess and for me the buck stops with Smith and his mudded football and tactical management. 

Edited by thabucks

I feel for him in some regards, the recruitment we did was awful really. Wonder how different things would be had we signed Maupay, Phillips, Webster and Benhrama. All its and buts I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel for him in some regards, the recruitment we did was awful really. Wonder how different things would be had we signed Maupay, Phillips, Webster and Benhrama. All its and buts I guess.

Careful now, we dont want balance. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I think he has to go at the end of the season. We've looked pretty clueless for a while now and I can't see him turning it around. I don't think our squad is particularly good, but they all look like they're not really sure what they're supposed to be doing at times. 

I agree. To be fair, we looked totally clueless last season when Jack was injured. I just don’t see a plan! 

Â