Dean Smith

Demitri_C

That might convince him to stay, but whether he'd be a good manager I'm not sure, you don't really get player-managers these days either, would need an assistant to do all the press.

See a lot of people blaming recruitment but he had obvious input into the summer and no doubt would of highlighted the sort of player he wanted. Heaton, Mings, Konsa, Engels, Hause, Jota, Targett smack of Smith suggestions with Luiz, Trez, Nakamba, Guilbert, Samatta & Wesley being Suso suggestions. Also pretty sure he would have the right to veto and player he didn’t want. He is used to the setup of working with a recruitment team and as I said earlier in the Suso thread for all we know Smith asked for a specific type of DM so we got Luiz & Nakamba. We can all see that our midfield is unbalanced but if they are the type of player he wanted them why is Suso solely at blame for our recruitment? 

• Like 1

The fact that Dean thought the answer to our midfield problems was Danny Drinkwater, is absolutely sackable in itself! Absolutely everyone knew that was doomed to fail! That was our second chance and we absolutely blew it. Bonkers!

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel for him in some regards, the recruitment we did was awful really. Wonder how different things would be had we signed Maupay, Phillips, Webster and Benhrama. All its and buts I guess.

Dont think we would be much better off. Maupay isnt a great striker some people believe, Webster would still be partnered by Hause or Konsa and Webster is probably not that much of a better player than Mings. Benrahma is unproven, so is Phillips and I expect him to be found out in the top flight

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

See i'm watching both West Ham and Norwich, and think they are as poor as us.  We are just so poor but so are they hence why we are all down here.  I dont see any fight in West Ham, especially West Ham as they have some really good players, better than us but they have no fight in them. 

Norwich?  I'm not even going to take you serious on that, they have literally been 19th from the beginning of October to 20th since we beat them on Boxing Day.

What I have seen from West Ham today they are no where near as poor as us, it sickens me to say that joke of a club has more fight in them than we do.....

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Lack of ambition And poor recruitment of players and managers has held this club back over the years - if we both drop I wouldn’t be surprised if we look at someone like Eddie Howe . 

ditto

I wouldn't want Eddie "I spoofed 50 Mill + on Solanke and Ibe" anywhere near this club. What he did with Bournemouth was cute but he is no where near up to managing us, if it was between Smith and Howe for next season, I wouldn't change.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

See i'm watching both West Ham and Norwich, and think they are as poor as us.  We are just so poor but so are they hence why we are all down here.  I dont see any fight in West Ham, especially West Ham as they have some really good players, better than us but they have no fight in them. 

Norwich?  I'm not even going to take you serious on that, they have literally been 19th from the beginning of October to 20th since we beat them on Boxing Day.

The sad facts of our time back in the Prem is......we concede too easily and fail to put pressure on our opponent.

If you do that, you get relegated.

Now that situation, covers a multitude of sins......it has happened in too many games and no one in the management team knows how to stop it.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I wouldn't want Eddie "I spoofed 50 Mill + on Solanke and Ibe" anywhere near this club. What he did with Bournemouth was cute but he is no where near up to managing us, if it was between Smith and Howe for next season, I wouldn't change.

Yep, Howe has reached his ceiling and has wasted so much money on crap. a younger MON

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What I have seen from West Ham today they are no where near as poor as us, it sickens me to say that joke of a club has more fight in them than we do.....

I think you’re watching a different game to me.

If we go down and Smith was to leave I think the overwhelming favorite would be Hughton has proven that he can get teams promoted and keep them in the premier league. Not exactly exciting and I feel the type of manager that we need move on from, but wouldn't surprise me.

I think I'm at the stage where I feel if we're not going to get a genuine top manager then we might as well just stick with Smith, no point swapping him for someone similar like Dyche, Howe, or Hughton and going around in circles, that's what we've been doing for the last ten years or so, Smith was meant to be different, if he goes time to try something diffeent.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

The sad facts of our time back in the Prem is......we concede too easily and fail to put pressure on our opponent.

If you do that, you get relegated.

Now that situation, covers a multitude of sins......it has happened in too many games and no one in the management team knows how to stop it.

but it’s happening to our rivals as well.  Just one of these teams (inc us) just need to pick up a win or so and things look different.  West Ham are poor tonight.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think you’re watching a different game to me.

No mate, I think you aren't able to see it objectively and that's cool, you're passionate. They're poor don't get me wrong, we are worse that's the problem.

Just now, useless said:

If we go down and Smith was to leave I think the overwhelming favorite would be Hughton has proven that he can get teams promoted and keep them in the premier league. Not exactly exciting and I feel the type of manager that we need move on from, but wouldn't surprise me.

I think I'm at the stage where I feel if we're not going to get a genuine top manager then we might as well just stick with Smith, no point swapping him for someone similar like Dyche, Howe, or Hughton and going around in circles, that's what we've been doing for the last ten years or so, Smith was meant to be different, if he goes time to try something diffeent.

Why would he be favourite? Not even on my list.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but it’s happening to our rivals as well.  Just one of these teams (inc us) just need to pick up a win or so and things look different.  West Ham are poor tonight.

we need 3 to be worse....not sure there are.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

No mate, I think you aren't able to see it objectively and that's cool, you're passionate. They're poor don't get me wrong, we are worse that's the problem.

Or you aren’t seeing it objectively either.  We are as bad as each other, I just don’t see anything in West Ham just like I see nothing in us. West Ham are no better than us.

• Like 1

Because he's favorite for pretty much every job going at the moment, and for the reasons I mentioned of being proven at promoting teams and keeping them in the premier league. He wouldn't be on my list either, but I have no say in the matter.

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The talent they have on the bench and the position they are in is disgraceful. They are in a lot worse shape than us. Fornals and Bowen cost nearly 50 million between them

• Like 1

Â