Dean Smith

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Credit where it's due. this is the team Brucie built the only addition is mings.

you can talk about hause and the keepers however they only got their chance because of injurys. it would have been Nyland mings chester otherwise.

Smith still has to prove he's a doing an satisfactory job. he's done nothing so far. 5 wins? thats chicken feed last season we won 7 or 8 on the spin.

I'm kind of on the same page.

Not convinced of Smith yet. It's all well when it's going good and we are outplaying weaker teams and he doesn't really have to do anything just sit on the bench relaxing and watching the game unfold.

It's when things are not working and he is failing to do things tactically during a game to change the game i am yet to see. 

Smith can still win me over, but he has to prove that he is more tactically flexible when the system isn't working.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 20/03/2019 at 12:39, villalad21 said:

Every teams have injuries, it's not an excuse. Leeds had loads of injuries when they played us yet they didn't seem to drop that much in terms of performance.

Fact is if you take out Grealish in the team right now, we would probably not win too many football games.

I'm sorry  but you are ignoring the ridiculously unbalanced defence we had, allied with most of our midfield being injured as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm sorry  but you are ignoring the ridiculously unbalanced defence we had, allied with most of our midfield being injured as well. 

I agree that the defense looking better, but that wasn't the only problem during Grealish injury. We really didn't look like a attacking threat either.

I honestly think we would go back to drawing games if you take Jack out of the team.

Edited by villalad21

Absolutely fantastic football yesterday in the first 30 mins.....some of the best passing I've seen for many a year at VP.  If we can somehow keep JG, McGinn, Mings and Hause next season we will blow the Championship apart (if we're still in it)....a joy to watch after the McLeish and Bruce anti-football!

• Like 4

The fans are supporting DS not only because of the results but we are being 'entertained'! This is down to the coaching staff.  This blows apart the the 'so called' breakdown of the dressing room spirit that some on here were claiming! Good players always prefer the 'pass and move' style of play rather than 'hoofball'....it lifts the crowd and subsequently gives confidence to the players!.....long may it continue!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Credit where it's due. this is the team Brucie built the only addition is mings.

you can talk about hause and the keepers however they only got their chance because of injurys. it would have been Nyland mings chester otherwise.

Smith still has to prove he's a doing an satisfactory job. he's done nothing so far. 5 wins? thats chicken feed last season we won 7 or 8 on the spin.

This is the team brucie built? Smith signed the 2 cbs, recalled the starting keeper and right winger who bruce deemed not needed, and then through a style, a plan and good coaching have them playing better football than bruce could dream of. 

Smith will always have to prove stuff to you and Alex Bruce, who will continue to post criticism and doubt towards him on here no matter what. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

So is anyone going to put up some stats showing how Smith is basically no better than Bruce?

No, thought not. 

Excellent I had to give it the laugh..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

You're comparing Bruce's 2nd season with Smiths first though, the only fair comparisons would be either with Bruce's first season - as they took over the club at a similar time under similar circumstances..

Or.. you mention this is Bruces team, then you should compare results under Bruce this season and Smith this season. Smith kills Bruce under both these comparisons.

One feels you are just posting to wind people up though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's amazing how good life feels when Villa are doing well. 

The same things that would get on my nerves before I don't care about anymore. Just a constant smile on my face. I love you Villa, and thanks Dean Smith for sorting this mess out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Just imagine what he could do with a preseason

If the new owners had got him immediately when they came in and we wouldn't have started the season with such an unbalanced squad and no defenders...

• Like 2

Â