Dean Smith

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I noticed this thread is not as popular on matchdays for some posters anymore 😂

Strange isn’t it 🤷🏼‍♂️

I haven’t seen us play one touch stuff like we did today in years. Maybe...just maybe,  training and coaching a new way of playing takes time.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I haven’t seen us play one touch stuff like we did today in years. Maybe...just maybe,  training and coaching a new way of playing takes time.

I couldn’t go today.. my mate who I gave the ticket to, text me saying the football we played in the first half was reminiscent of the 90’s. A lot of credit to go to Smith and his team for changing the style and not panicking when results weren’t going well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I couldn’t go today.. my mate who I gave the ticket to, text me saying the football we played in the first half was reminiscent of the 90’s. A lot of credit to go to Smith and his team for changing the style and not panicking when results weren’t going well. 

It was one touch around the area. Whilst it wasn’t perfect and would break down at times it was great to see the players try to play that way.  This has clearly been coached and instructed.

Of course Jack was always the architect of it all.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The first half was the best football I've ever seen us play (I've only supported Villa in the 21st century). 

even better than the Boro or Derby games etc where we had some good passages of play?

if so thats some high praise.

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Given the amount he gets mentioned in this thread, I would say most of the posters on VT are. 😉

Considering he was our last manager for 2 years you’ll continue to get the comparisons I’m afraid. 

I only mow mention him in reference to how he deliberately f**ked us over and how he is now turning Sheff Wed in to a very dull team. 

Edit: I should say tried to f**k us over. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â