Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why is everyone saying Derby have an easy run. Brentford, Blackburn and Birmingham away is far from easy! 

Yeah, but look at their location. It's hardly like Boro going to Bristol or Ipswich going to Preston is it.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange isn’t it 🤷🏼‍♂️

I haven’t seen us play one touch stuff like we did today in years. Maybe...just maybe,  training and coaching a new way of playing takes time.

The problem with this kinda football, i.e. possession based easy on the eye stuff, is that once you have an off day, it's really shit and frustrating. And then at those off days and bad patches, people will whine endlessly and forget the good stuff. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The problem with this kinda football, i.e. possession based easy on the eye stuff, is that once you have an off day, it's really shit and frustrating. And then at those off days and bad patches, people will whine endlessly and forget the good stuff. 

I agree, let's get back to Bruce ball before it's too late!!! :)

As the parents shout at my kids football matches on Sunday....Kick it out, boot it, give it some welly!

A favourite saying of some parents is "if in doubt kick it out" ......

I do wonder sometimes why the UK has struggled to develop talented players like Spain etc, maybe one day it will come to me...... :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Delighted he’s turned it around.

When we were in that rough patch and having written off the season, like a few others I just wanted to see something to assure me that he could be the man to lead us next season.

The last month has gone a huge way in providing that reassurance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just imagine where we'd be if he were here at the start of the season 😲

And pre-season/the summer?

We'd be top and we'd be looking at record points, not worrying about 3rd place.

• Like 1

I think he is doing a great job....but I thought he was a bit slow in replacing the tired legs in the middle, today.

Listening to his after match interview, I admired his honesty, when he said we were a bit wasteful in the second half....he was right.

However, the first 30 minutes was the best football I have seen at VP for donkey's years......reminiscent of BFR's early tenure.

• Like 1

Smith will do what Bruce couldn't I'm sure of it, if not this season then definitely in a season or two.

Smith and the coaching staff are doing an amazing job and you know what, if we go up or not Smith deserves this job and everyone's backing. Smith has took us to 5th at the moment and if I'm not mistaken that's higher than he took Walsall and brentford to at any point during his seasons with them. All Smith needed was quality, he has it and he's a very intelligent coach. That is why if we don't go up by any chance then we need to keep our quality players regardless of ffp or the possibility of players leaving for a team in the premier, it's vital that we do..

I'm sure if we stick with Smith then good things will follow, patience is proving to be worth it is it not??

Lions are unified.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Smith will do what Bruce couldn't I'm sure of it, if not this season then definitely in a season or two.

Smith and the coaching staff are doing an amazing job and you know what, if we go up or not Smith deserves this job and everyone's backing. Smith has took us to 5th at the moment and if I'm not mistaken that's higher than he took Walsall and brentford to at any point during his seasons with them. All Smith needed was quality, he has it and he's a very intelligent coach. That is why if we don't go up by any chance then we need to keep our quality players regardless of ffp or the possibility of players leaving for a team in the premier, it's vital that we do..

I'm sure if we stick with Smith then good things will follow, patience is proving to be worth it is it not??

Lions are unified.

Thats referring back to his time at Brentford and Walsall only has a certain relevance.

At Villa he will have better quality to work with.....managers need players to fulfill their personal ambitions.

Great managers always gravitate towards clubs who can give them the best players.

Credit where it's due. this is the team Brucie built the only addition is mings.

you can talk about hause and the keepers however they only got their chance because of injurys. it would have been Nyland mings chester otherwise.

Smith still has to prove he's a doing an satisfactory job. he's done nothing so far. 5 wins? thats chicken feed last season we won 7 or 8 on the spin.

On 21/03/2019 at 08:13, Mazrim said:

When Jack came back from injury and our form picked up significantly I thought it was just down to Jack. But in hindsight, that's too simplistic.

It does a disservice to the likes of Mings, Hause, McGinn, El Ghazi and more, who have all delivered.

So I think that while Jack is our best and most crucial player, its not a one man show. Not at all. The way I see it is that Villa are very finely balanced in our current guise and it doesnt take much to throw it out.

Jack makes everybody more effective but he's not the one heading balls clear time after time or chasing down the ball like a terrier. Credit must go to the manager, and perhaps a bit of fortune in hitting the right balance at the right time.

Its not all about Jack. But we can't get promoted without him this season. You could argue the same with Mings, Abraham, McGinn etc to a lesser extent.

Absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

Â