Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Last chance saloon, more duds this window and he has to go.

I don’t entirely disagree with that, it’s the nature of the business. However I’m not so sure if it’s more of a policy problem rather than the actual signings. We appear to have a policy of buying for the future, which is good, but have forgotten about the now. As in most things in life it’s about balance. We have a chance to address that now, but haven’t left ourselves with much room for error. 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

I so hope they know what they are doing this time.

Can't judge a transfer window until it closes but huge alarm bells.

I don’t see why. Drinkwater didn’t upset anything at Burnley as far as I can see. He was an unused sub in their last PL match against us. If he was a loose cannon then I doubt he’d be on their bench. Dyche also spoke positively of him. I’d say an encouraging start to a very difficult window.

• Like 4

Just now, Elton said:

I don’t see why. Drinkwater didn’t upset anything at Burnley as far as I can see. He was an unused sub in their last PL match against us. If he was a loose cannon then I doubt he’d be on their bench. Dyche also spoke positively of him. I’d say an encouraging start to a very difficult window.

U missed the part where he was beaten up while drunk and couldn't play for a month?

5 minutes ago, sne said:

U missed the part where he was beaten up while drunk and couldn't play for a month?

No, I didn’t miss that part at all. 

Edit: to elaborate, I haven’t seen anything that indicated that incident where he was a victim upset the dressing room somehow.

Edited by Elton

On 01/01/2020 at 12:06, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t entirely disagree with that, it’s the nature of the business. However I’m not so sure if it’s more of a policy problem rather than the actual signings. We appear to have a policy of buying for the future, which is good, but have forgotten about the now. As in most things in life it’s about balance. We have a chance to address that now, but haven’t left ourselves with much room for error. 

Well, when we signed for " Now" that was wrong.....now we are signing for the future and that is being questioned.

I just want them to be good enough, irrespective of their age......but yes, Balance is the key.

Judging, so far, I don't think we have as many options out there of any ilk ,as we would like.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I don't know the story behind it, but if I had a drink and then got attacked, I'd be pretty annoyed if that was a reason I wasn't hired for better jobs considering from the words 'got beaten up' it sounds like he was a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and happened to have had a drink.

(If the story behind it shows he was at fault, that's different)

1 hour ago, sne said:

That was bad, but just means he can’t handle his drink and ran his mouth off to the wrong person. Players are allowed to go out (I think it was another Burnley player who helped sort him out after he took a kicking).

Dyche doesn’t seem to be the kind of manager to tolerate a lazy or unreliable type, so presumably he was turning up to training on time every day and putting in a decent shift. Hopefully learnt his lesson.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

That was bad, but just means he can’t handle his drink and ran his mouth off to the wrong person. Players are allowed to go out (I think it was another Burnley player who helped sort him out after he took a kicking).

Dyche doesn’t seem to be the kind of manager to tolerate a lazy or unreliable type, so presumably he was turning up to training on time every day and putting in a decent shift. Hopefully learnt his lesson.

I don't really know much about Dyche tbh, for all I know he might be one of those that thinks it's OK for the lads to go out and get shitfaced from time to time.

Dyche might have rated Drinkwater, didn't extend his loan thou.

But yeah hopefully they did all the job in getting him back to match fitness and we can now reap the rewards. Would be a nice change.

20 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't know the story behind it, but if I had a drink and then got attacked, I'd be pretty annoyed if that was a reason I wasn't hired for better jobs considering from the words 'got beaten up' it sounds like he was a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and happened to have had a drink.

(If the story behind it shows he was at fault, that's different)

He was trying to nick another players missus in a nightclub with him there. Started giving the big bollocks that he was a Premier League winner and the other lad wasnt

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't really know much about Dyche tbh, for all I know he might be one of those that thinks it's OK for the lads to go out and get shitfaced from time to time.

Dyche might have rated Drinkwater, didn't extend his loan thou.

He didn't fit into the Burnley leg breaking mould for Dyche. Westwood even loved a dangerous cowardly tackle

• Like 2

I think Suso is doing a good job. We have been stiffed by injuries and squad churn. Impossible to build an entire team in a summer and not have a few flops. 

I hope he does learn from his mistakes of course. He and Smith are clearly hoping Drinkwater can be a good piece in the double pivot so let's see. If we get a Piatek type signing over the line too, we are looking a whole lot healthier again. 

We probably need 4/5 players this window. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think Suso is doing a good job. We have been stiffed by injuries and squad churn. Impossible to build an entire team in a summer and not have a few flops. 

I hope he does learn from his mistakes of course. He and Smith are clearly hoping Drinkwater can be a good piece in the double pivot so let's see. If we get a Piatek type signing over the line too, we are looking a whole lot healthier again. 

We probably need 4/5 players this window. 

I think you have to buy a whole player you can't just leave their arms at their old club. 

Â