Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looking at his Atletico time he made some brilliant signings Aguero, Forlan, Tiago, Godin, Filipe Luis, Juanfran, Diego Costa

Never really achieved much though, couple Champions League runs and a Europa League

That was a long time ago in fairness. Strange piece from his time at Atletico, from wiki and not sourced so take from that what you will:

"García Pitarch tried to push Atlético Madrid B keeper David de Gea to move to Numancia on loan in 2009 and when de Gea rejected the move, he then punished the young keeper by forcing him to train by himself for a few weeks"

Ryan Kent and Joe Aribo both linked in the summer playing for rangers today. £7m and free.

All this, you don't get much for £10m or £22m I keep reading when Trez and Wes fall over the ball. You do if you don't buy wank players.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ryan Kent and Joe Aribo both linked in the summer playing for rangers today. £7m and free.

All this, you don't get much for £10m or £22m I keep reading when Trez and Wes fall over the ball. You do if you don't buy wank players.

Think if you are from a different league you get these quotes. Premier League teams have pay higher premium. 

Obviously Aribo was a free but Kent Liverpool would try sting us

John Percy says Targett was a Suso signing as well.

This guy's hit rate is atrocious. He's found two players of real use, Luiz and Guilbert. Luiz is very much one for the future as well.

Rabbits out of hat in January or he's out the door for me.

Wonder what was the target list if we didn't go up? Maybe it would have suited us better giving him less to spend.

On 29/12/2019 at 12:36, New_Hope said:

There will always be hits and misses.  When utd broke the world record to bring Pogba back, do you honestly count him as a hit?

Spot on. 

Even more so when you’re trying to sign an entire new team, on a relatively limited budget (limited given the amount of players we needed, I am aware £120-130m isn’t ‘limited’ in normal times)  

All managers/technical directors/recruitment teams make mistakes, the key to success is ensuring that 75% of your signings work out and the misses aren’t the real big money buys. 

Imo the recent poor form has clouded people’s judgment and all context has gone out of the window. Now Suso, Smith and most of the players are all shite and we should be binning them all off left, right and centre. It’s OTT in pretty much every thread. 

I still think 8-10 of the summer recruits will work out in the long run - there isn’t one I would write off entirely at this stage. 

If we can get the right help in Jan and results pick up, everybody will be world class and worth £50m+ again in a few weeks. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If we can get the right help in Jan and results pick up, everybody will be world class and worth £50m+ again in a few weeks. 

Exactly. Only a few weeks back supporters were doing back flips over Nakamba, Guilbert, Engels, etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Exactly. Only a few weeks back supporters were doing back flips over Nakamba, Guilbert, Engels, etc.

I think all 3 you mentioned will develop to be good players for us (I like them right now).

For me our main issues our are forwards and Injuries, losing mings, engels and mcginn to injuries is massive.

In terms of actual poor players for us so far, my vote goes to ghazi and trez, both of whom I think could develop and be good in the future, but right now aren't good enough, we desperately need new wide (or inside forward) players in jan.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

My ratings

Nakamba - 5/10  A little to predictable on the ball, slow to release it and not able to pass forwards. Gives the ball away far too often.

Engels - 7/10 Looked decent with Mings until injuries, not sure what happened though as poor since

Luiz - 5 /10  Does some good things, some bad though occasionally looks like he's not 100% focussed

Trez - 4 /10 A rabbit with a poor touch

AEG - 5 / 10 Turns up in patches but in the main looks not bothered

Guilbert - 6 /10 I did like him earlier in the season but seems to have gone right off the boil.

Targett - 5 /10 Poor defensively & seldom stops the cross coming over. Poor distribution too though on occasion links up with Grealish & won us the game against Brighton.

Mings - 8 /10 Started season well but faded after England call up which appeared to get to him.

Heaton - 7/10 Reasonably solid though has a mistake in him and distribution is iffy.

Wesley - 4 /10 Attracts some attention from opposition defenders and can link up with wide men on occasion but seldom actually does anything else.

Konsa - 6 /10 Looks a prospect but still very raw.

Hause - 6/10 On occasion looks a good player, on others looks average.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

My ratings

Nakamba - 5/10  A little to predictable on the ball, slow to release it and not able to pass forwards. Gives the ball away far too often.

Luiz - 5 /10  Does some good things, some bad though occasionally looks like he's not 100% focussed

Trez - 4 /10 A rabbit with a poor touch

Guilbert - 6 /10 I did like him earlier in the season but seems to have gone right off the boil.

Targett - 5 /10 Poor defensively & seldom stops the cross coming over. Poor distribution too though on occasion links up with Grealish & won us the game against Brighton.

Wesley - 4 /10 Attracts some attention from opposition defenders and can link up with wide men on occasion but seldom actually does anything else.

By my money, and according to Percy's article then these are the Suso signings.

All the others were on loan already or Smith's lads.

Over £70m for this lot. Jesus **** christ.

Edited by Tomaszk

Telegraph article seems to be shifting the blame from Smith to Suso, it does read like Paddy Riley Mk2 with regards to pushing for signings that Smith gave the nod to but wasn't completely convinced with Wesley being the biggest example of Suso getting his own way and Smith ending up with poor players.

When are we going to stop carrying on like this?

3 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

Telegraph article seems to be shifting the blame from Smith to Suso, it does read like Paddy Riley Mk2 with regards to pushing for signings that Smith gave the nod to but wasn't completely convinced with Wesley being the biggest example of Suso getting his own way and Smith ending up with poor players.

Isn’t that exactly how smith worked at Brentford, it’s what a director of football is for 

11 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

It’s way too early to write any of our signings off. You can see potential in all of them. Smith has also said, on many occasions, that he was fully involved in agreeing to all signings, some of which he had already been looking at when he was still at Brentford.

The problem we have and previously had was trying to implement too many inexperienced players at the same time. It’s a recipe for disaster. Hopefully we will add a bit more experience in January and that will bring up the performance levels of the entire group.

We also look to be very poorly coached. We are disorganised at set plays and also when we lose possession. That buck has to stop with the manager who needs to start learning very quickly.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

Why did Smith agree to it then? He said himself in a press conference that he was signing off the players to come in. For me that article stinks of “don’t blame me” it even manages to throw the players under the bus.

If we stay up, the squad value will increase considerably and then this guy has done his job. In my opinion only 1 of the new signings is clearly no where near good enough and 1 other who is not ready YET, the rest have decent potential.

@mikeyp102, @M_Afro, @dudevillaisnice, you all make fair points, what I was trying to get at was why are we indirectly publishing articles that hint at discord in the camp, between Suso and Smith at the point when we need everyone pulling together for today's game against Burnley?

It does highlight that not all is well behind the scenes and that the coaching staff seem to have the same concerns as many of us fans I.e. the wingers are poor, midfield struggling and Wesley just isn't inspiring confidence.

I'm not pro or anti Smith or Suso, I just want to see things sorted out and some decent player's coming in this month who will make a difference on the pitch rather than perpetuating any infighting behind the scenes.

Happy New Year Villans one and all..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

@mikeyp102, @M_Afro, @dudevillaisnice, you all make fair points, what I was trying to get at was why are we indirectly publishing articles that hint at discord in the camp, between Suso and Smith at the point when we need everyone pulling together for today's game against Burnley?

It does highlight that not all is well behind the scenes and that the coaching staff seem to have the same concerns as many of us fans I.e. the wingers are poor, midfield struggling and Wesley just isn't inspiring confidence.

I'm not pro or anti Smith or Suso, I just want to see things sorted out and some decent player's coming in this month who will make a difference on the pitch rather than perpetuating any infighting behind the scenes.

Happy New Year Villans one and all..

It’s an article by a journalist with no direct quotes or even suggestions as to a source. I don’t think it highlights anything with regards to any discord in the camp. Suso and Dean may be equally disappointed with some of the incomings, it’s never an exact science. 

It must be remembered that both Sir Alex Ferguson and David O’Leary signed Eric Djemba Djemba. That didn’t make the former a bad manager or the latter a good one. All signings are a complicated risk assessment. 

PS. Happy New Year to you too 😀

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Â