Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Its bit hard to judge the signings as long term they could work out like Paddy Riley's signings did for other clubs except Trezeguet he looks so bad sadly.

The major **** up was not bringing in an experienced forward and let Wesley gradually develop

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Unless your buying top quality proven quality from abroad, you are taking a punt. Nakamba looks dreadful. Awful footballer.

IMO punt domestic or abroad Johhny

Regardless of fee, wage, attitude  etc. Always a punt  mate

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Idrissa Gueye is the starting midfielder for one of the favourites for the Champions League, won Man of the Match vs Real Madrid. Gollini also qualified from the group stage as a starting goalkeeper. Ayew, Veretout, Amavi and Traore all doing well for themselves as well

The only duds were the British based signings even Crespo did well

If only we had a proper manager to manage them than .. like Wolves Santos ... 

This thread is 22 pages long. People are posting 22 comments every half hour in the Smith thread.

Hide behind the manager all you like you useless sack of shit but let it be known you and your band of merry men have absolutely no clue what constitutes a premier league footballer. 

Weskey? Trezeguet? Nakamba?

If Smith goes, I hope you f*** off with him. 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Certainly has a lot of questions to answer, he's the 'brains' behind most of the shite we have signed. If he can't recommend good players who have quality and the right attitude and ability to adapt then wtf is he here for.

Or is it that the manager cannot get the best out of those players - maybe a bit of both 

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Or is it that the manager cannot get the best out of those players - maybe a bit of both 

There’s definitely an ability issue with the players he’s scouted for us. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This thread is 22 pages long. People are posting 22 comments every half hour in the Smith thread.

Hide behind the manager all you like you useless sack of shit but let it be known you and your band of merry men have absolutely no clue what constitutes a premier league footballer. 

Weskey? Trezeguet? Nakamba?

If Smith goes, I hope you f*** off with him. 

There’s just no need for that name calling mate. Suso seems like a good guy. The signings we made in the summer were as a result of the signing panel which included Suso, Smith and Purslow. They were signed with a view to the future. It is ridiculous to write them all off at this juncture. Today’s hurt a lot but things aren’t quite as bad as they seem yet!

1 hour ago, Awol said:

There’s definitely an ability issue with the players he’s scouted for us. 

Could even argue that with our short time frame that a lot of these players were scouted for the Championship yet we got stung for price as we got promoted to Premier League. Engels is one we would have tried to sign for Championship as Smith wanted him at Brentford

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He won’t be the only scout though surely? There’s gotta be more than one scout. Liverpool have one of the best scouting networks. They robbed Minamino for £7.5million? 

He's got his two disciples who I don't believe have ever had a scouting job before.

How can we keep getting it so wrong.

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's got his two disciples who I don't believe have ever had a scouting job before.

How can we keep getting it so wrong.

This I don’t understand. Purslow is a football pro, he’s can’t be expected to make a call on players but should know who can be trusted to find good ones! 

7 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:
7 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Go you.

7 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I called it last year 

God damn quotes messed up.

Horrible reading those articles. Missed them first time round.

How upsetting that he's got a history.

We're still in the past. 

If you look at the players Smith was most likely behind then whilst they have hardly set the world alight they have been our better signings, there's Mings, Engels, Konsa (who is a good prospect and a good 3rd choice centre half), Targett (mixed bag but clearly an upgrade on Taylor), even Jota, who isn't especially cut out for this level but is a clear improvement on Gardner and a decent rotation option for cup games. He also wanted Maupay who is several times the player of Wesley.

Pitarch really has not delivered and should we go down will be one of the big reasons for it. I fail to see how we can trust him going forward.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Looking at his Atletico time he made some brilliant signings Aguero, Forlan, Tiago, Godin, Filipe Luis, Juanfran, Diego Costa

Never really achieved much though, couple Champions League runs and a Europa League

Â