Pre Match Chit Chat

TheAuthority

29 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

2 goals & 2 assists in 9 games which is direct involvement in 26.6% of our goals and more than every other player bar Kodija (3 goals 1 assist).

Offers absolutely nothing....

Ok I'll change the way I wrote it... as a right back Elmo offers absolutely nothing...

As a midfielder he chips in with goals and assists but we have better options in our squad

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

And Baker but Tammy and Yannick will score for us in an entertaining, end-to-end encounter :)

Don’t forget Adomah to make it 2-3? ;) 

Seriously though read that Weimann has scored 5 goals for them already this season; and yes it’s the same guy!

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Don’t forget Adomah to make it 2-3? ;) 

Seriously though read that Weimann has scored 5 goals for them already this season; and yes it’s the same guy!

:) I thought I’d leave it there, seeing as we are in reasonably bad form

Shocked me about Weimann too, I’d be amazed if he maintained it for the whole season 

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Shocked me about Weimann too, I’d be amazed if he maintained it for the whole season 

So would he be! :) He'll be happy with double figures this season, he's not a main striker so he has done surprisingly well so far. Hope it continues for him (other than obviously in games against us and where those goals could have a detrimental impact on our season).

• Like 1

I'm relaxed either way. If we win great, if we don't it pushes this clearing in the woods closer to the door. End of the day we all know Bruce is going and it'll be when the owners' plan fall into place. 

Edited by MikeAVFC
  • Like 1

This is it for me too.

Win - great, happy with the three points, I’ll just ignore Bruce’s “I told you so” comments afterwards.

Draw or lose - I won’t be that bothered as I know (or rather hope) that the axe is being sharpened.

20 hours ago, Junxs said:

When we only have 1 win in 8 games, the last thing we need is another draw.

Had we been in decent form going into this game I probably would have accepted a draw, but we need a win. I don't think Bruce realises this though and will most likely play for a draw. It annoys me no end that he thinks our target is the playoffs and not automatic promotion with this squad. 

As a side note was listening to WM phone in earlier and Rego is really pissing me off with his constant defending of Bruce. Saying how we are only 5 points off the top.. but thats due to there being no team running away with it this year, had this been last season Wolves would have been 10 points clear by now. Then he states that we have the same number of points at the same stage as last season.. but fails to comprehend that we had a much easier start than last season, we havent played anyone decent yet! on top of that we went on to win 7 out of the next 10 games this time last year, that's just not happening this year. He's living in cloud cuckoo land. 

He knows the extenuating facts you cite.  He’s just choosing not to mention anything that undermines his predetermined position to back Bruce and try to make any other view seem inexplicable.  

I would go 

Nyland

Elmo  Chester Axel Taylor

Hourihane  Whelan  Mcginn

Bolasie Abraham Jack

Taylor has not been great for about a year but as he is our only senior left back on the books I think we should give him another chance.

Axel says he is a central defender .Lets find out.

Whelan seems to be underated by a lot of Villa fans. At least he can pass the ball unlike Jedinak. Hourihane plays better with him, and gives Super John Mcginn  a bit more freedom to be box to box.

At present it is a bit diffcult to get Grealish in his correct position as really he should not be out left but we have a unbalanced squad. But as he is our most valulabe player I guess he should start. El Ghazi would be the more natural fit.  I don't think Kodja, Adomah or Hutton deserve to start from the last few games imo.

We have such a  bloated squad in that Bjarnason and Lansbury are nowehere near the starting XI and yet we have  only 1 central defender. It is a bit of a mess.

Bristol are bound to score but I hope we can get a out of jail 2-1 win.

UTV.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I think Bruce will play:

-----------------------------Nyland----------------------------

Elmo---------Chester-----------Jedinak------Hutton

----------------McGinn---------Hourihane---------------

Bolassie--------------Grealish------------------Kodjia

-----------------------------Abraham--------------------------

Partly because he wants to be seen as more attacking.

I think to suit what he's good at, Bruce should play:

------------------------------Nyland-----------------------------

Elmo---------Chester-----------Jedinak------Hutton

-------------------Whelan----------Bjarnason-----------------

-------Mcginn--------Grealish----Hourihane------------

----------------------------Abraham------------------------------

Because it'd allow us to be more solid but the front four might still score.

I'd play:

-------------------------------Nyland-------------------------------

Hutton---------Chester-------Tuanzebe--------Taylor

-------------------------------Whelan------------------------------

----------------Mcginn------------------Hourihane---------

-----------------------------Grealish----------------------------

-------------------Abraham-------------Kodjia-------------

and hope for the best.

8 hours ago, limpid said:

I guess they don't sell out often.

We've sold out about 3-4 times since the redevelopment was finished, but it had been known it would be a sell out days in advance.

The area around Ashton Gate is also generally very conjested on Fridays as standard, so 25k odd extra people isnt going to help things- the other sell outs were midweek games in the cup last season, Birmingham on a Sunday and one on a Saturday