Pre Match Chit Chat

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, John said:

Might it be, Abraham up front with playing Kodja wide on the left. Grealish in a free role behind Abraham and a midfield three of Thor, McGinn and Hourihane with the rest 99% of the time playing as a 5-man defence (with Axel playing right back & Mile alongside Chester of course)?

Who's playing on the right?

I think we'll probably set up with a standard 4-3-3

Nyland

Axel   Chester   Jedinak   Hutton

Thor     Hourihane     McGinn

Kodjia      Abraham    Grealish 

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

yep those 2 goals & 2 assists for elmo have really helped the opposition out, He is our most productuve player this year as far as goals go... :rolleyes:

Yes but what about the 8 goals we would have scored with someone else putting in the crosses? 

5 minutes ago, John said:

Might it be, Abraham up front with playing Kodja wide on the left. Grealish in a free role behind Abraham and a midfield three of Thor, McGinn and Hourihane with the rest 99% of the time playing as a 5-man defence (with Axel playing right back & Mile alongside Chester of course)?

You mean:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuanzebe-----Nyland---Chester---Jedinak----Hutton

-----------McGinn-----Hourihane----Bjaranson------------

------------------------------Grealish-----------------------Kodjia

------------------------------Abraham-------------------------------

I'm confused! :)

Who is the back five in your example and who plays on the right id Kodjia plays on the left?

• Haha 1

Depending on how you classify players we have zero wingers in the starting 11, and 3 (or 4 depending how you classify Elmo) on the bench along with 1 (or 2) RB's + Whelan.

That's some quality trolling from Bruce :crylaugh:

For the love of McGrath just put him/us out of our misery ffs.

Edited by sne
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not going forward we’re not, I expect a lot of goals at both ends this evening, it should be entertaining at least

Defence is all over the place, midfield is unbalanced and the attack is disjointed.

The whole thing is a mess.

The thing is, if he wants to play with two up front and he wants to play Grealish, he can't also play with wingers - we don't have a defence that can withstand that. I'd suggested in the week he might drop the wingers in order to solve the problem - in fairness I didn't think he actually would.

• Like 3

3 Centre backs I reckon, it was his pre season plan so let's see if it works. 

Grealish in behind the top two with 2 centre mids maybe? 

Whatever the weather I'm expecting to lose and for him to be sacked in the next few days with Calderwood/Agnew in as caretakers. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

3 Centre backs I reckon, it was his pre season plan so let's see if it works. 

I suspect it won't, make or break for him. 

I laughed. 

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Diamond midfield. Thor behind, Jack on point, 2 upfront running channels and also getting between their CBs. The only response to Saturday. And a massive waste of signing 4,000 wingers...

I agree, it is a waste of signing all the wingers we have - but then Bruce seems to have sat down in pre-season, come up with a style he wants to play and then deliberately shaped our squad to make it difficult.

I have a feeling that Grealish behind Abraham and Kodjia - with McGinn, Hourihane and Bjarnason all protecting Jedinak, erm I mean the back four, might be enough to win us the game.

• Like 1