The NSWE Board

Guest av1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd like to see if we can put in cheeky offers for the best players from relegated clubs maybe buendia on the cheap or something like that. 

It’s far too early to say about Norwich being relegated. 

Also players get used to losing, I’ve never been advocate of buying from relegated teams. With the structure we now have at the club, we’ll be looking at more unknown players to come in (Nakamba, Wes, Engles etc).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm I didn't realise it worked that way. Happy to be wrong though.

So if we go down now we get no money? That doesn't seem right to me.... 

Bottom place in the prem alone earns a tidy bit of tv deal money alone, isn't it something around the 100 mill mark a season. Wasn't it rumoured that the top 6 earn somewhere from 250- 500 mill a season, you can more than wonder then how much mid table teams will get come season end. Even each year layouts in the richest league in football will only increase.

But to your question, even if we went down with our owners NSWE, we are financially sorted that yeah parachute payments would be a sweetener but they are not essential. I do not think we would need to see any players straight away either, our Owners are minted and we could very well keep this squad together in the championship. Only way we do lose someone is someone requesting a move to the prem to a top club, even then I think players who were to drop down if it ever happens, would be happy to fight for promotion together and come back as a full squad again.

I'm not worried about one thing if we drop, I would 100% love to see our current squad tear that championship up, it would be a beautiful sight.

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Also players get used to losing, I’ve never been advocate of buying from relegated teams. With the structure we now have at the club, we’ll be looking at more unknown players to come in (Nakamba, Wes, Engles etc).

I'd buy Pukki but that's it from Norwich.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They really weren't joking when saying the ambition is to take the club into the top of British football.

Doesn't that make around 200 mill into the accounts now just sitting there, sure it wasn't so long ago, around a month or so there was around a 100 mill dumped in, then weeks before that some 20-30 mill.

Is this us getting ready for January I wonder, if so a couple hundo could easy buy us three top quality players who could more than be bedded into what is already a pretty sweet team, just need a few positions securing and quality could do that.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd like to see if we can put in cheeky offers for the best players from relegated clubs maybe buendia on the cheap or something like that. 

Quality next time, not cheapness, our strategy will have to move forward in some sense. We survive and we need to start bringing in the best of the best to challange higher. When you get promoted and have no choice to bring quantity over quality in your first season, second season so long as the funds are there would need to move plans forward.

I've a good feeling that in some seasons we will be fighting for a place in Europe, maybe next season if we survive, that we will see us battling for mid table.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd like to see us put in cheeky offers for the best players of really, really good clubs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

By amazing coincidence, this morning I googled the Recon business to see if they were still traceable, and guess what, all the links to it are now dead. 

I don't think it was ever a genuine website for a genuine company.  Thank god theast trace of the fraud has gone from our club. 

Wow. Worrying.  

Maybe they would still be traceable in China, and the English version has gone?

6 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Hey mate....you are not reading what I am saying...there is no way we got given more money than the winners of the premier league for winning the championship playoff!! 

As winners of said game, you are guaranteed the 100 odd million because even if you are relegated again, you will receive this amount in the form or parachute payments.

Also, ever heard of 'offsetting'??? Many businesses do this.

I think we have spent the tv revenue we would get for finishing bottom of the Premier League along with money owners  are allowed to pump in whilst still adhering to FFP.

Parachute payments would be an additional 100m over 3 years so we wouldn’t go tits up if we got relegated and could still afford player wages for the first year.  I think it’s something like 75m the first season a team gets related?

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Bottom place in the prem alone earns a tidy bit of tv deal money alone, isn't it something around the 100 mill mark a season. Wasn't it rumoured that the top 6 earn somewhere from 250- 500 mill a season, you can more than wonder then how much mid table teams will get come season end. Even each year layouts in the richest league in football will only increase.

But to your question, even if we went down with our owners NSWE, we are financially sorted that yeah parachute payments would be a sweetener but they are not essential. I do not think we would need to see any players straight away either, our Owners are minted and we could very well keep this squad together in the championship. Only way we do lose someone is someone requesting a move to the prem to a top club, even then I think players who were to drop down if it ever happens, would be happy to fight for promotion together and come back as a full squad again.

I'm not worried about one thing if we drop, I would 100% love to see our current squad tear that championship up, it would be a beautiful sight.

FFP would mean we would need the parachute payments to keep most of our squad together and come straight back up.  If we didn’t manage it in the first year there would be a fire sale of our better players.

Doesn’t matter how rich our owners are FFP is still a massive hurdle to overcome in the championship. 

I’d be worried about players like Grealish & Mcginn wanting to stay in the Prem if we dropped. I don’t think either would want another promotion battle when they’re good enough for top half Prem sides.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wasn't saying necessarily Norwich will go down but getting stand out performers make sense especially if they would essentially be a bargain buy. 

Quality next time, not cheapness, our strategy will have to move forward in some sense. We survive and we need to start bringing in the best of the best to challange higher. When you get promoted and have no choice to bring quantity over quality in your first season, second season so long as the funds are there would need to move plans forward.

I've a good feeling that in some seasons we will be fighting for a place in Europe, maybe next season if we survive, that we will see us battling for mid table.

Agreed but getting quality back ups on the cheap is a good model where you spend big on one or 2 players and get 3 or 4 more for cheaper allowing you to strengthen your squad overall especially if one of the cheaper players over performs. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’d be worried about players like Grealish & Mcginn wanting to stay in the Prem if we dropped. I don’t think either would want another promotion battle when they’re good enough for top half Prem sides.

I think we’ll struggle to keep them both if we stay up never mind if we got relegated. 

As long we spent the money wisely it wouldn’t be the end of the world.  Many teams have sold their best players in the past and still continued to improve.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

FFP would mean we would need the parachute payments to keep most of our squad together and come straight back up.  If we didn’t manage it in the first year there would be a fire sale of our better players.

Doesn’t matter how rich our owners are FFP is still a massive hurdle to overcome in the championship. 

Yes FFP would come into play, but what are the rules again, were allowed 39 million over three years in losses right??? FFP wouldn't be a thing straight away and then we also have to look at what our wage bill is now to what it was last season with last seasons promotion winning squad. I wonder if There is even any difference in those wages from last season to ours now, if our wages are in better shape now, then if we drop, we would be able to keep our squad together.

We overcame FFP last time when many were scared we couldn't handle it, we are in very good hands now. If it became a thing anyhow the sale of someone like Mcginn or Grealish would only resett the whole thing. I just don't think it would come to any selling of who we don't want to sell, our Owners have shut down and sorted any mess that's come in our direction to do with FFP.

Parachute payments do not affect FFP right??

I don't threat FFP with our club if we drop.

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Agreed but getting quality back ups on the cheap is a good model where you spend big on one or 2 players and get 3 or 4 more for cheaper allowing you to strengthen your squad overall especially if one of the cheaper players over performs. 

Thats why i do not understand what Norwich and sheff utd have done one bit, they have bought cheaper than cheap and most of there signings arnt even what I or many of us would call prem standard. They should of brought in some top quality signings to go with there already working squads. Im not sure what they spent but was no where near what we did by looks of it. Think United spent 42 mill on 15 players and Norwich a ridiculous 3.75 mill on 16 or so players. I cant help think that in the long run that both sheffield united and Norwich will suffer greatly because they had the chance to find some real quality to add to there already working squads. It looks more like they did the very thing thing they should of avoided, even there homework on signings wasnt anything like ours, there scouting was rushed.

I am looking forward to January and it's not just to find out who will be joining our ranks but also to see if Norwich and United's transfer strategy remains the same. I will give it too our other two promoted clubs, they have balls if they stick by their methods of buying cheap. If both clubs survive the drop, they especially Norwich will of successfully survived a first season using low budget transfers which would be pretty remarkable but if they do drop not having spent a great deal then there fans will seriously be peed off, not to mention they will most likely be laughed at for being cheap skates.

Edited by Dave-R

Yes FFP would come into play, but what are the rules again, were allowed 39 million over three years in losses right??? FFP wouldn't be a thing straight away and then we also have to look at what our wage bill is now to what it was last season with last seasons promotion winning squad. I wonder if There is even any difference in those wages from last season to ours now, if our wages are in better shape now, then if we drop, we would be able to keep our squad together.

We overcame FFP last time when many were scared we couldn't handle it, we are in very good hands now. If it became a thing anyhow the sale of someone like Mcginn or Grealish would only resett the whole thing. I just don't think it would come to any selling of who we don't want to sell, our Owners have shut down and sorted any mess that's come in our direction to do with FFP.

Parachute payments do not affect FFP right??

I don't threat FFP with our club if we drop.

They had to sell the stadium to do this. 

Â