Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, El Gahzi that we bought in August, with extremely limited funds, is healthy but not first choice in his position or any other, in September.  While the player we tried to loan out is the first choice...

I'm not trying to complain about it, I would really just like to understand why it makes sense to Bruce.

When you put it like that....

4 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Wide players of Taylor, Adomah, Hutton and Elmo. That screams lots of aimless crosses from deep to an isolated target man. Lovely stuff.

Yes it looks like a total horror show to me. 

Abraham to be the latest player who scores tons elsewhere to rock up here and score nothing looking isolated and alone. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Looks a very defensive line up to me. I guess after the last horror show Bruce is going for tight defence, so I don’t expect us to be playing expansive free flowing football. It will be keep it tight early on (or at least try to), and try to nick one as the game goes on.

I am not confident we will be able to keep it tight, too many individual errors in our players will always gift the opposition with a chance or two. I hope I am proven wrong though.

As I look at this match, I think it will come down to blackburns midfield.  If they play aggressive and press high, we will lose.  We're not set up to handle that.  Fingers crossed they are told to sit back and contain.  Our chances increase greatly if they do.

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

need to park the bus and take a point here. stop the bleeding after the hammering we had at sheffiled.

hate me if you want to guys but If in doubt launch it would be the basis of my team talk

You are Steve Bruce and I claim my £5 prize.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Win today and we are 3 points behind leaders Leeds. 

By the same token lose today and we are bottom half (13th) and closer to relegation than promotion.  I hope we win but I am baffled by the teamsheet (again).  6 defensive players starting?  Hardly shouts out of going for the win. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too. Whilst everyone expects this: 

Nyland

hutton chester Axel Taylor

elmo   Jed. Mcginn  adomah

Grealish 

Abraham

i won’t have a problem if we start like that. 

Although crosses from Hutton, Elmo, Taylor and Adomah don't exactly fill me with confidence.... 

2 minutes ago, allani said:

By the same token lose today and we are bottom half (13th) and closer to relegation than promotion.  I hope we win but I am baffled by the teamsheet (again).  6 defensive players starting?  Hardly shouts out of going for the win. 

I’m not after seeing the Sheffield horror show. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Elmo must have a tape of him ploughing into Bruce's daughter or something. El Ghazi has a goal and assist in his last two league games so of course makes total sense to drop him.

He was partly responsible for 2 or 3 goals v Sheffield. There’s no way he should start.