Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

So he finally balances the defence and then decides to revert to his standard ‘over-cautious’ approach!! Why not just go with it Bruce ffs!! Play El Ghazi or Kodjia out wide on the left/right so we have 2 real attacking threats from wide areas. 

No, he decides to play a defensive player at RW and a player very short of form on the LW. Sorry, I forgot....we’re playing Blackburn away so we need to keep it tight. Piss off Bruce.....let’s go to places like this and scare the shit out of these teams with the attacking talent we have. The guy is a joke. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Wonder what dirt Elmo has on Bruce. Anyone else can be in and out regardless of form but he’s always got to be shoehorned in somewhere. 

Saying that I would have played him today but as right back.  He’s an attacking rightback for me, eapeciallly against teams that should be considered weaker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's that he doesn't rate him; I just think McGinn and Grealish are ahead of him at the moment - I'd agree with the manager on that one.

McGinn needs to replicate Hourihane's attacking prowess because we are conceding more goals and scoring fewer on average with McGinn on the field versus when Hourihane was. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Strong bench dint know why el Ghazi been dropped but thank god jedinak isn’t at ch

What makes you think he won't be?

I think @Ramshackler could be right - Jedinak at CB, Tuanzebe at DM. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

He hasn't got a clue, just picking names out of a hat now and wishing for the best.

What has Kodj done to get dropped. How do Albert or Taylor warrant starts?

Hutton, Elmo and Taylor and Adomah. Absolute **** shite width but will all "put a shift in and put their boots on"

Get to **** Bruce you clueless word removed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Jedinak playing centre half. Tuanzebe playing centre mid

I do hope you're wrong. Now you've said it, I keep seeing it in my mind. The ball in our net, Jedinak, shoulders slumped, looking at it. Tuanzebe on the edge of the box looking confused. 

*shudders*

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So in a roundabout way he has picked Taylor over El Gazi and Kodjia. Seeing as Hutton could have stayed at left back and Elmo at right back, with either of Kodj or Ghazi on the wing.

I know what I would have preferred. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dick said:

Playing it safe then. 3 at the back?

I thought that for a moment too, but then realised we wouldnt be playing 2 wingers as well as 2 wing backs.