Christian Purslow

villan-scott

On 02/11/2022 at 20:45, tinker said:

Purslow will go IMO, the owners trusted him to replace Smith and he chose to make a decision he wasn't qualified to make. He should have got someone else in to help him make that decision.

That's not quite true. Purslow had credit in the bank from the Smith appointment and vouched for Gerrard. The owners interviewed him for 4 hours and ratified it.

The owners took it on themselves to get the next manager this time, as its clear they don't trust Purslow to find the best candidate after the Gerrard mess. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

That's not quite true. Purslow had credit in the bank from the Smith appointment and vouched for Gerrard. The owners interviewed him for 4 hours and ratified it.

The owners took it on themselves to get the next manager this time, as its clear they don't trust Purslow to find the best candidate after the Gerrard mess. 

Purslow presented Gerrard has his choice, they trusted his judgement and that he had undertook due diligence, he clearly hadn't. 

Purslow wasn't given the option with Emery, it's clear he was overlooked and had no influence over his appointment, like it or lump it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Purslow presented Gerrard has his choice, they trusted his judgement and that he had undertook due diligence, he clearly hadn't. 

Purslow wasn't given the option with Emery, it's clear he was overlooked and had no influence over his appointment, like it or lump it.

Please. Somebody. Please. Please tell me how we know this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

We don't know it but it's not hard to work it out , watch the interviews, its clear he was approached and interviewed by the owners and not Purslow. 

What does this tell you? It tells me they don't trust him to pick a manager, or maybe he was busy doing an important commercial deal....

14 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Funny thing is, people are bypassing the rumours that Purslow was apparently talking to the likes of Boehly about Pochettino etc weeks ago.

As someone else above, and as has been noted many times, his whole tenure won't be judged on ONE appointment when there have been so many other good things done since he's been here.

People are desperate to tell themselves that this bloke would sabotage both himself and the club just to keep on his " mate " way past sell by date.

He stuck his neck out for Gerrard, then i'm sure he probably held his hands up and admitted his mistake, and agreed we needed to move on.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

You can just tell from that press conference that Purslow’s job is hanging by a thread, it was sooo obvious. Not because of anything that was actually said or happened or anything like that, but you just know. You’d have to be a fool not to have seen it!

Don’t think the guys done anything wrong really. 

Hindsight is great but if Gerrard had been a success… then what? Would we all be hailing Purslow as the next messiah?

So many people are desperate to hang this guy out to dry because he appointed his so called “mate”, which is also up for debate how true that statement is. 

• Like 1

Steve Stride basically ran the club for Ellis. Lerner’s first mistake was not retaining him. This was compounded by giving MON a free rein. He eventually appointed a clueless series of CEOs. Then came Xia and fat Keith, the less said the better.

So by default Purslow is the best CEO we’ve had in years. That doesn’t mean he’s irreproachable and he’s certainly not done anything other than the blindingly obvious as far as setting up proper departments and systems all of which were missing previously and all of which are in place at every PL football club. 

Apparently he’s only made 1 mistake, but the nature of the mistake has set us back at least 12 months while other clubs have progressed. He was the driving force in appointing an inexperienced manager, which at the very least was a big risk. He did this with little or no due diligence and on huge wages. Who else was chasing SG at the time that we had competition for?

We don’t know if he’s made any other mistakes but we often look enviously at how clubs like Brentford, Brighton and up to recently Leicester are run. So surely that indicates that there is room for improvement?

I maybe wrong but didn’t he give Dean a long and much improved contract a couple of years ago. Again I doubt he was leaving us any time soon. Ok we all love Dean, but it was hardly the action of a ruthless, switched on businessman we keep being told he is. 

Being critical doesn’t mean I hate him but I believe he’s massively overrated, most particularly by himself. I’m not sure that’s the case with our owners though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

You can just tell from that press conference that Purslow’s job is hanging by a thread, it was sooo obvious. Not because of anything that was actually said or happened or anything like that, but you just know. You’d have to be a fool not to have seen it!

What on earth are you on about 😂

I hope this is sarcasm  😃

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

My ITK source said they saw Purslow at the job centre. Looking at forklift truck driving jobs. Clearly on his way out. 

Don't see it myself. Sawiris has been doing the heavy lifting lately. 

• Like 1

Apparently Wes Edens has announced that if Purslow even glances at a football he's immediately fired. 

It's ridiculous. They've had to remove every single football from the offices, even remove pictures and photographs that SHOW a football on them because the evil Purslow doesn't want that to be interpreted as looking at a football. 

I know someone who used to work at the training ground. This came from him, don't shoot the messenger. 

Apparently all the people who used to work in some capacity at Villa are literally amazed he's still in a job.  The owners feel he messes up everything they give him to do and have no trust in him whatsoever.  Purslow just shuffles through the corridors muttering in posh whispers staring at the floor.

• Haha 3

Â